Week Two: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-0) @ Detroit Lions (1-0)

2 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

And I don’t understand the play calling to end the game. You’re gifted 40 seconds and you don’t make a single pass beyond ten yards?!

The first play should have been an immediate shot.  They designed up a 12 yard pass to the middle of the field that forced them to use their TO. Today was simply bad coaching.  It’s more of the same from Ben Johnson. Last week was ugly too. 

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

This is why you are a total joke.    Stuff like this.  

Go take a ****ing shower or something and get over yourself.  

Jesus, it's 1 game, man.   They weren't going 17-0

It’s 2 games.  The offense was also horrible last week. 

Hey, they didn’t get whupped like the Cowboys today. 

They were on their heels all day after the two awful PI calls. Eventually the refs will stop picking on Arnold. Offense still is out of sync but it will get there. Hutch has found a new gear. 

I'm on Team TP today. Ben Johnson was absolute poop and Goff but that's obvious.

Whatever. 1-1, not the end of the world but there's a lot of stuff to clean up and I'll say for the millionth time that they miss Josh Reynolds or somebody to fill that role. They have zero big bodied receivers that can make a 50/50 catch, it's a problem on 3rd downs and in the Red Zone in particular.

Just now, NYLion said:

I'm on Team TP today. Ben Johnson was absolute poop and Goff but that's obvious.

Whatever. 1-1, not the end of the world but there's a lot of stuff to clean up and I'll say for the millionth time that they miss Josh Reynolds or somebody to fill that role. They have zero big bodied receivers that can make a 50/50 catch, it's a problem on 3rd downs and in the Red Zone in particular.

I was leaning TP until he said they were a 6-11 team. That’s absurd. They played horribly and still should have won if not for coaching blunders.

The play calling is bad though. And if you fancy yourself a Super Bowl caliber offense, you don’t tolerate that for much longer.

4 minutes ago, NYLion said:

$38 million in cap space - they should be able to find something

I'd consult with the U of M QB Search Committee first !

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I was leaning TP until he said they were a 6-11 team. That’s absurd. They played horribly and still should have won if not for coaching blunders.

The play calling is bad though. And if you fancy yourself a Super Bowl caliber offense, you don’t tolerate that for much longer.

I didn't read the thread, I just assumed that TP was trashing Ben the whole time haha. The 6-11 comment is obviously idiotic.

Todd Bowles almost gifted us a win and if I was Tampa's owner, I'd have fired him if the Lions had won.  

Anyway.   Some folks are being totally silly........

Ravens are 0-2.    49ers  just lost to Sam Darnold.    New Orleans is going undefeated  and Cowboys fans are in a far worse state than Lions fans this afternoon

It's a parity-based league with lots of ebbs and flows.    To stupidly say the Lions are 6-11 shows you know NOTHING about this game.   The offense is out of sorts and I have total faith they'll fix it and fix it soon.    They do need a big-bodied WR, though.    A first down/red zone target.  

with 2 starting DTs out, the OL should have been able to control this game, instead they got beat time and time again; something is missing and I cannot believe it is Josh Reynolds; the OT drive against the Rams was one of the few times they looked like last year's team

• Thanks 1

TP:   Seasons over.......Baker dropped the big one

Dan Campbell:  OVER?   DID YOU SAY OVER?  NOTHING IS OVER UNTIL WE DECIDED IT IS.   WAS IT OVER WHEN THE KANSAS CITY ROYALS LOST THEIR HOME OPENER TO THE LIONS ON THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL? 

Boon:   Royals?

Otter:  Forget it, he's rolling

Dan Campbell:  HELL NO, AND IT AIN'T OVER NOW.    CAUSE WHEN THE GOIN' GETS TOUGH,  THE TOUGH GET GOING, WHO'S WITH ME, LETS GO AAAAAAAAAAAAA

What the **** happened to the Lions I used to know?   Where's the spirit?   WHERE'S THE GUTS,  HUH? 

This could be the greatest season of our lives and you're gonna let it be the worst..   "oh, we're afraid to go with you coach, we might lose again"   WELL JUST KISS MY ASS FROM NOW ON.   NOT ME,  I'M NOT GONNA TAKE THIS

ARIZONA?    THEY'RE A DEAD MAN

SEATTLE?    DEAD !

THE DALLAS COWBOYS?............ 

Otter:  DEAD!.   Coach is right,  Psychotic, but absolutely right!  We gotta take these bastards.  Now, we could fight 'em with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives.   No, no, in this case, we have to go all out.  I think THIS SITUATION ABSOLUTELY REQUIRES, A REALLY FUTILE AND STUPID GAMEPLAN BE DONE ON SOMEBODY'S PART

Campbell:   And we're just the guys to do it !

Boon:  Let's Do It.

Campell:  LET'S DO IT .........GO.............GO..............GO............GO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Motor City Sonics
  • Like 1