Week Two: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-0) @ Detroit Lions (1-0)

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

This is why you(and Campbell usually does) save that timeout at the end. Still though if not for terrible Special teams coaching they would've gotten atleast a FG attempt out of it. That ST coach is going to get an earful from Dan.

It’s no the ST coach. He was likely just following the sequence. That’s on Campbell for wasting the TO and on Goff for throwing it where he did.  Look, I know I get after coaches, but Jesus, this is other level amateur right now. 

Just now, holygoat said:

This offense kinda sucks right now. Holy sh*t.

They’re lacking an identity. They either can’t or are choosing not to rely on the offensive line and run game, and they’re not getting anything over the middle of the field. LaPorta has a goose egg.

Goff isn’t helping but this starts with coaching and preparation. It’s like they took the week off.

Whoever gave the field goal unit the go ahead needs to be relegated to coaching the water boys next week. Absolutely cost us three points, and in the NFL, you don’t do that without consequences.

They had time to spike the ball and the field goal didn’t even immediately go into fire drill. They left the sideline with six seconds left, they never would have gotten set in time.

1 minute ago, TP_Fan said:

It’s no the ST coach. He was likely just following the sequence. That’s on Campbell for wasting the TO and on Goff for throwing it where he did.  Look, I know I get after coaches, but Jesus, this is other level amateur right now. 

Definitely fault Campbell for the TO sequences but the ST players running on the field is entirely on the ST coach, it is his responsibility to direct those guys, he let them run on the field when clearly the Lions were running up to spike the ball. Dan can't coach the game, direct the offense and keep tabs on the 11 special team players all at the same time. That is literally that coaches job and he screwed up. 

• Like 1

The first Campbell timeout was the most perplexing to me, it was just so unusual for him to use it after we picked up a 1st down in TB territory with over a minute left. There was obviously plenty of time left to score. Originally I thought maybe it was to give a player a breather or something but that didn't appear to be the case.