9/11/24 6:40PM Rockies @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

18 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Baseball reference has Parker Meadows at 1.4 WAR for the season. It seems like it should be higher but I don't know much about stats. Is 1.4 good?

I don't look at baseball reference but on Fangraphs he was pretty much at zero and he has raised it the last two months. If he could do the same production over six months he would have 4+ WAR.

13 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

I don't look at baseball reference but on Fangraphs he was pretty much at zero and he has raised it the last two months. If he could do the same production over six months he would have 4+ WAR.

And yet the Tigers are close to 20 games over .500 with him in the lineup but about 20 games under when he's not. I guess I don't understand that stat.

6 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

And yet the Tigers are close to 20 games over .500 with him in the lineup but about 20 games under when he's not. I guess I don't understand that stat.

Meadows was not the only guy out of the lineup over most of that period and Maeda was still in the rotation etc.,

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but WAR is wins above replacement. A roster full of replacement level players would win about 48 games so WAR adds to that total. Not directly because there is luck involved but WAR is usually close to a team's Pythagorean record.

1 minute ago, Tigermojo said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but WAR is wins above replacement. A roster full of replacement level players would win about 48 games so WAR adds to that total. Not directly because there is luck involved but WAR is usually close to a team's Pythagorean record.

it won't always line up that well. A team full of zero WAR guys should be under 500 but  you also see teams further over 500 than their total player WAR.

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

it won't always line up that well. A team full of zero WAR guys should be under 500 but  you also see teams further over 500 than their total player WAR.

Right but don't they say 40-50 team war should be a playoff team because it's wins above the base of 48.