World Politics Thread

mtutiger

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Very telling

Hi, chaz since you slithered into the convo. I have been an operations manager for 20 years. I have hired and fired hundreds of employees. Currently have employees in Detroit, Ft Wayne and Fort Worth. I hit all three location bi-monthly. I do quarterly reviews with all my employees. I can see a bad performer from a mile away. 

Let's just say I worked for too many conservative republicans who made big promises to me and then reneged. Trump is just like those guys.

Never received a bad review. They just flat out lied on promises.

Edited by CMRivdogs

5 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Let's just say I worked for too many conservative republicans who made big promises to me and then reneged. Trump is just like those guys.

Never received a bad review. They just flat out lied on promises.

Bad managers are everywhere. My philosphy is the manager works for the employee. If they fail that means I have failed them buy not giving them the tools to succeed. Now if you are constantly late, calling in sick then that is on you. I am in the process of moving into a consultant role with the big three focusing on diesel technology. Not bad for a kid who never went to college. LOL I tell my kids read books! You don't know about something read read read!

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

So biden trusted Maduro because people whined about gas prices instead of going to an Ally to find more oil. That rolls back into if I trust Trump? Was he the oil broker or something? 

There are a couple of refineries on the gulf coast that oil companies spent a lot of money on so they could run Venezuelan crude - which has unique processing requirements. Exxon is one of those operators so there is one axis of lobbying pressure.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Bad managers are everywhere. My philosphy is the manager works for the employee. If they fail that means I have failed them buy not giving them the tools to succeed. Now if you are constantly late, calling in sick then that is on you. I am in the process of moving into a consultant role with the big three focusing on diesel technology. Not bad for a kid who never went to college. LOL I tell my kids read books! You don't know about something read read read!

True, these were actually company owners. I worked for a few small market radio stations. The last one had one of his houses on "Homes of the Rich and Famous". He later flew wife #2 from LA to Texas to hand her divorce papers so he could marry their nanny.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Hamas starts war with Israel, Trumps fault.

Russia Invades Ukraine, Trumps fault.

Biden trusts a dictator to do the right thing, Trumps fault.

China and Russia hold joint military exercices miles away from Alaska, Trumps fault.

so apart from the general political chatter that each side always blames the other for everything, what serious argument have you been hearing that blames Hamas on Trump? I suppose you might make a very round about arg that Trump has been a Netanyahu enabler and if not for Bibi being Bibi the situation in Gaza might have been different. You can certainly make that arg, but it's speculative at best. Obama was a Netanyahu nemesis, it didn't make much difference in Israel or Gaza/West Bank to the long term worsening of the situations there.

And to be honest, actions taken by a US Admin WRT oil sanctions are not driven by any belief we do or don't trust anyone on the other side, they are taken to affect US gasoline prices - nothing more or less, and I don't think you really doubt that reality. :classic_wink:

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

. I can see a bad performer from a mile away. 

Apparently per your posts you didn't with Biden, and we all see you not doing so with Trump.

Crushing it though I guess

4 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

So biden trusted Maduro because people whined about gas prices instead of going to an Ally to find more oil. That rolls back into if I trust Trump? Was he the oil broker or something? 

Answer the question. Why do you trust Trump. Stop being obtuse 

8 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I trust Harris less to represent me. 

Why don’t you trust her? Do you trust Trump when in your heart you know his party is going to raise taxes on the middle class?Do you believe the last election was stolen?

How many promises did he keep 2017-2021?

4 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Why don’t you trust her? Do you trust Trump when in your heart you know his party is going to raise taxes on the middle class?Do you believe the last election was stolen?

Harris has done nothing in her career that makes me want to vote for her. The election was not stolen. Taxes will continue to go up no matter who is elected don’t let anybody fool you there. Trump kept us out of new wars and I was glad we didn’t ship more young men off to die. He was only president for 4 years. 

29 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

let's try to define what 'trust' a politician means. Do I trust that I have a pretty good idea what Trump will do in a given situation - yes. I might even go as far as to say that at this point I think i have a better idea of Trump will do in a given situation than Harris. The problem is that I also "trust" that the odds are overwhelming that Trump's response will be worse for America and Americans than whatever Harris does even if I was less able to predict exactly what it was going to be.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Taxes will continue to go up no matter who is elected don’t let anybody fool you there. T

Don't believe you there. If the GOP wins enough control to legislate on taxes they will absolutely cut them again(extend/expand current cuts) and blow up the deficit just like e.v.e.r.y.s.i.n.g.l.e GOP government but one (GHWB) has done since 1980. *THAT* is what you can count on.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Don't believe you there. If the GOP wins enough control to legislate on taxes they will absolutely cut them again(extend/expand current cuts) and blow up the deficit just like e.v.e.r.y.s.i.n.g.l.e GOP government but one (GHWB) has done since 1980. *THAT* is what you can count on.

How much did the middle class tax increase when Trump was in office last time? I really have no clue. I don’t remember seeing my paycheck drastically change.

Edited by Tigeraholic1

17 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

let's try to define what 'trust' a politician means. Do I trust that I have a pretty good idea what Trump will do in a given situation - yes. I might even go as far as to say that at this point I think i have a better idea of Trump will do in a given situation than Harris. The problem is that I also "trust" that the odds are overwhelming that Trump's response will be worse for America and Americans than whatever Harris does even if I was less able to predict exactly what it was going to be.

Also Trump is what 76? If you do a search of the last published physical 2018??, his non Dr Ronnie physician stated his cardiovascular calcium levels were around 133 or something close to that. They put him on a strong prescription to control and reduce it. But 76 years old puts him older than Biden in 4 years, history of cardiovascular issues, 244 pounds at last report. His only exercise is walking from his golf club to the ball (what’s that about 10 feet or so?) I don’t consider swinging a golf club a decent cardio workout.

Who knows we maybe looking at President Vance in two years. And I trust him less

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

How much did the middle class tax increase when Trump was is office last time? I really have no clue. 

Obama signed a bill that ended some of the Bush tax cuts. Trump's huge corporate cut was paired with a temporary (as in expires next year or may year after - but in the next two yrs) return to Bush rates for the middle class. So like every GOPer, Trump cut taxes to drive the deficit to where entitlement cuts would be 'inevitable.' That is the one and only thing every GOP pol since Reagan have held as their one gospel in common - make the deficit SO big the dems will have to agree to cut entitlements. The problem is that each Dem president does what he can to fix the problem so the GOP can't seem to get there, and they strangely lose their nerve every time one of their braver (or more idiotic - pick your adjective) souls actually gets some kind of entitlement cut up to a vote because despite their deepest belief in 'kill the beast' theology, they'd rather be re-elected and in their really deepest heart, they know damn well the public happens to like the safety net.

8 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Also Trump is what 76? If you do a search of the last published physical 2018??, his non Dr Ronnie physician stated his cardiovascular calcium levels were around 133 or something close to that. They put him on a strong prescription to control and reduce it. But 76 years old puts him older than Biden in 4 years, history of cardiovascular issues, 244 pounds at last report. His only exercise is walking from his golf club to the ball (what’s that about 10 feet or so?) I don’t consider swinging a golf club a decent cardio workout.

Who knows we maybe looking at President Vance in two years. And I trust him less

You know, it occurs to me a certain set of people might really like what Vance is bringing to the table.

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Obama signed a bill that ended some of the Bush tax cuts. Trump's huge corporate cut was paired with a temporary (as in expires next year or may year after - but in the next two yrs) return to Bush rates for the middle class. So like every GOPer, Trump cut taxes to drive the deficit to where entitlement cuts would be 'inevitable.' That is the one and only thing every GOP pol since Reagan have held as their one gospel in common - make the deficit SO big the dems will have to agree to cut entitlements. The problem is that each Dem president does what he can to fix the problem so the GOP can't seem to get there, and they strangely lose their nerve every time one of their braver (or more idiotic - pick your adjective) souls actually gets some kind of entitlement cut up to a vote because despite their deepest belief in 'kill the beast' theology, they'd rather be re-elected and in their really deepest heart, they know damn well the public happens to like the safety net.

Taxes go up. Next election cycle someone promises change they go down. How it has always been. 

Just now, Tigeraholic1 said:

Taxes go up. Next election cycle someone promises change they go down. How it has always been. 

True, but there is a definite rhythm to it in our lifetimes, which is that GOP admins break the budget, dem admins are left to (and usually do act to) fix it.