World Politics Thread

mtutiger

6 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Bad managers are everywhere. My philosphy is the manager works for the employee. If they fail that means I have failed them buy not giving them the tools to succeed. Now if you are constantly late, calling in sick then that is on you. I am in the process of moving into a consultant role with the big three focusing on diesel technology. Not bad for a kid who never went to college. LOL I tell my kids read books! You don't know about something read read read!

I'm retired. I spent 35+ years in the world of Office Space/Dilbert. I can count on one hand how many managers/bosses I respected over those years. Most were slimy corporate worms who would do anything to climb the ladder, while being an incompetent ass kissing robot while doing so. Yet they kept a job - because they worked for more incompetent ass kissing robots who had no clue how it all worked in spite of all their fancy pieces of paper and countless hours of corporate obedience training.

Corporate incompetence (and greed (penny smart, dollar stupid)) breeds waste, and plenty of it. Savings could go towards wages and benefits. Haha! Who am I kidding.

The next 10K

19 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

the police would be step one. The bigger question is what does the army do?

Saw a report earlier today but that could be a lifetime in this sort of situation…that an armored division (what kind of tanks do they have?) had turned on the regime.  Will watch with interest.

17 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Don't believe you there. If the GOP wins enough control to legislate on taxes they will absolutely cut them again(extend/expand current cuts) and blow up the deficit just like e.v.e.r.y.s.i.n.g.l.e GOP government but one (GHWB) has done since 1980. *THAT* is what you can count on.

100% True.  There was legitimate evidence in the past that certain tax cuts, combined with controlled spending, would be beneficial for the country and it was the republican party that backed that thinking.  Very quickly into the tea party movement it turned away from targeted tax cuts and controlled spending to tax cuts and controlled spending.  Even quicker after they got some power it turned into just tax cuts....always and only tax cuts.  Trump has solidified it with his rhetoric and actions.

1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

100% True.  There was legitimate evidence in the past that certain tax cuts, combined with controlled spending, would be beneficial for the country and it was the republican party that backed that thinking.  Very quickly into the tea party movement it turned away from targeted tax cuts and controlled spending to tax cuts and controlled spending.  Even quicker after they got some power it turned into just tax cuts....always and only tax cuts.  Trump has solidified it with his rhetoric and actions.

Conservative economists used to love to point to the Kennedy cuts, but marginal rates were in the 80-90% range then, that's a very different environment. Everything in economics is relative. Not all comparisons drawn are actually comparable.

Knowing the difference matters. A couple of years ago, lots of smart people were convinced that interest rates going to 5% were going to crash the economy. They were wrong because they were looking at previous times rates had gone up by that percentage like in the 80's when they hit double digits - but that's the wrong comparison. They were ignoring that the 5% increase was starting from zero and investment decisions are not made based on how much interest rates have changed, but on their absolute value, and at 5% lots of potential investments were still profitable enough to keep the economy perking.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

Wait are you saying the guys that appointed themselves of who's black and also who's Jewish and also who's Indian also appointed themselves of who's Trans and also they were wrong on all accounts hard to believe

• Haha 1

This is what is so rich. Human beings have to have everything in neat little boxes. The problem is that nature itself doesn't give a damn about the little boxes that Society ties itself to, and is busy doing stuff all over the map all the time and the people with their little boxes have never been able to stand it and have since time immemorial been making life hell for all those perfectly human children of God, who were born exactly the way nature made them.

So here is what is being reported. Khelif tested for high testosterone, so high it was considred XY positive in 2023 world championship. Was disqualified after failing this gender eligibilty test. IOC does NOT test testosterone as of 2021 so they go off the country of the athletes passport. Khelif's passport says they are female so IOC accepts it. 

will never understand MAGA morons fascination with trans people, who makes up about .0001% of the world's population, and are one of the most vulnerable out groups that there is

this woman is not trans but because bigots don't think she fits into their definition of what a woman should be, suddenly she's trans and it attacked by them.

this is a threat to all women, because if a woman does not fit into the MAGA morons' definition of what a woman should be - be appearance, or dress, or occupation, or child-bearing decisions, or personality, or demeanor - then it OK to attack her as "trans"

so stupid, so dangerous

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

OK - we have an internecine dispute between two international organizations about an issue that I doubt can ever be resolved to universal satisfaction in a sport I'd just as soon see go away permanently. Well, as they say, whatever floats your boat 🤷‍♂️

But as Rhett said to Scarlet at the end of a long day, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."

(as always, YMMV, offer not available in all states, void where prohibited.....)

Edited by gehringer_2

This is all old news.

Stella Walsh won the gold medal in the women's 100 meter dash at the 1932 Olympics.

She won the silver medal in the women's 100 meter dash at the 1936 Olympics.

When she was killed in an armed robbery in 1980 an autopsy revealed that she was intersex.

There is almost nothing new under the sun.

Edited by The Ronz
  • Like 2