World Politics Thread

mtutiger

It’s all about the outrage. EVERYONE SHOULD BE OUTRAGED!!!

There are some things to be outraged about, like J6 and the attempt to subvert the will of the voting citizenry. All this crap- just serves to identify the outrage spreaders as the self delusional people they are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

This isn't by happenstance.  It's by design.  It's the playbook.  It's so my one sister is more outraged that her Hallmark Movies and House Hunters have been ruined by the gay and black couples that losing healthcare or democracy or them shaming her about being a single childless cat lady doesn't matter.  Or the other one who is staunchly pro life, but is okay with Trump wanting Mike Pence murdered or little illegals drowning in barbed wire at the  border.  God will judge Trump so she doesn't have to.  So long as the illegals don't get free ****, she can sleep well at night.  Once you dehumanize others and paint them as the enemy, the rest is easy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Saw a report earlier that authorities have identified the source of the nonsense about the Algerian boxer story was Russia.  Like Duh, they need to sow discord. 

Soon to be in the next chapter of the Cubicle Chronicales.....

Other speculation was Venezuela.  I will also caveat that the Pentagon pizza thing and gay bar thing are really unscientific in a world where campaign planning actually happens in the unified an specified command headquarters elsewhere.   So, say USSOUTHCOM in Miami area. 

2 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Dang MAGA mouth breathing J6’ers are at it again. I wish someone would silence them.

IMG_3396.jpeg

so since you like to complain about this so much, what is your solution? Are you just going to ban XY individuals who expressed female biology from birth? Ask them to compete against men? Or just exclude them, divide humanity into haves and have nots in just one more way?

"It's not fair they have an Y chromosome", OK, what about an XX girl born 6' 4" playing in the WNBA, is that "fair", most woman are not that tall  - is it fair. What about Yao Ming, he is about as rare a male specimen at 7' 4" as an XY female is, should he have been banned from the NBA because he was 'unfairly" tall. I'd guess fewer than 1 person in a million is born with the combination of hand-eye coordination, strength  and neuro-conduction speed genes Miguel Cabrera was born with. Clearly a genetic freak that should have been banned.

In the final analysis, the whole basis of athletic competition is sorting people out by how lucky they were with the genetic set they were born with, and virtually every high level champion is a genetic freak at some level, so how do *you* decide which kinds of 'lucky' are less acceptable than others?

Edited by gehringer_2

12 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

so since you like to complain about this so much, what is your solution? Are you just going to ban XY individuals who expressed female biology from birth? Ask them to compete against men? Or just exclude them, divide humanity into haves and have nots in just one more way?

"It's not fair they have an Y chromosome", OK, what about an XX girl born 6' 4" playing in the WNBA, is that "fair", most woman are not that tall  - is it fair. What about Yao Ming, he is about as rare a male speciment at 7' 4" as an XY female is, should he have been banned from the NBA because he was 'unfairly" tall. I'd guess fewer than 1 person in a million is born with the combination of hand-eye coordination, strength  and neuro-conduction speed genes Miguel Cabrera was born with. Clearly a genetic freak that should have been banned.

In the final analysis, the whole basis of athletic competition is sorting people out by how lucky they were with genetic set they were born with, and virtually every high level champion is a genetic freak at some level, so how do *you* decide which kinds of 'lucky' are less acceptable than others?

The woman athlete is complaining. Her voice is what I hear. 

7 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

The woman athlete is complaining. Her voice is what I hear. 

LOL - Lots of athletes of both sexes are epic crybabies. Remember John McEnroe for instance? Do you think we are going to get to good  social policy based on the over-wrought emotional responses of losing athletes?

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

LOL - Lots of athletes of both sexes are epic crybabies. Remember John McEnroe for instance? Do you think we are going to get to good  social policy based on the over-wrought emotional responses of losing athletes?

Funny you bring up McEnroe. Maybe the lady boxer should just say they fell down the stairs and didn’t get beat….

From the article:

O'Neal said, "He kicked me down the stairs. … I had never had a plan. I never thought, 'oh, I've gotta leave this guy,' but … I thought my little 5-year-old's gonna' open the door and see his mother on the floor, with this crazy man yelling over her."

https://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=123558&page=1

If MAGA really loved America they’d make the story of Vincent Hancock go viral.   

4 straight gold medals in the same event. Only an handful of people in the history of the Olympics have accomplished this feat.  He did his with a shotgun.  He’s a US Army vet and owns a gun range in Texas .  I have a pretty good idea who he’s voting for in the next election too.  This is the Olympic story they should tell instead of false outrage over the Last Supper and a female boxer.    Nope,  they are a cult of drama that would rather spread negativity.

10 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

If MAGA really loved America they’d make the story of Vincent Hancock go viral.   

4 straight gold medals in the same event. Only an handful of people in the history of the Olympics have accomplished this feat.  He did his with a shotgun.  He’s a US Army vet and owns a gun range in Texas .  I have a pretty good idea who he’s voting for in the next election too.  This is the Olympic story they should tell instead of false outrage over the Last Supper and a female boxer.    Nope,  they are a cult of drama that would rather spread negativity.

They won’t because there’s no faux outrage culture war BS to come out of this. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Funny you bring up McEnroe. Maybe the lady boxer should just say they fell down the stairs and didn’t get beat….

You still haven't offered your idea of a better solution. If you don't have one to further the discussion, then as has been suggested, time to drop this to the bit bucket.

Edited by gehringer_2

For the record, the Olympics this year have been really enjoyable... It's a shame that some are letting distractions inhibit the really impressive accomplishments by many of the athletes competing this year.

Their loss, I guess