9/13/24 6:40PM Orioles @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

This series with Baltimore is where the rubber really meets the road. I’m just looking forward to some good or even hopeful play rather than bad play. But this team has surprised the heck out of me and a lot of us in this recent run and it’s completely legitimate to get excited about a wildcard, although I find it hard to invest too much emotion into it myself. But I want to reiterate how shocked I am by the successes and how entertaining and hopeful this team’s play has been these last few weeks. 

In my lifetime, we’ve won two World Series which were spectacular and glorious, and we’ve lost two that were really, really painful. So I’ve known great joy, but I’m philosophical about this and it’s sort of like walking to school uphill both to and from and eating the bark off of trees and being grateful. I’m going to be grateful for all the unexpected good signs this season has had to offer and however many more games we win I will be pretty much OK. 

For fans who haven’t enjoyed these heights I really want this for you. You deserve it. Good luck to us all in however our hopes and dreams may play out. This series will be a signature test. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

This series with Baltimore is where the rubber really meets the road. I’m just looking forward to some good or even hopeful play rather than bad play. But this team has surprised the heck out of me and a lot of us in this recent run and it’s completely legitimate to get excited about a wildcard, although I find it hard to invest too much emotion into it myself. But I want to reiterate how shocked I am by the successes and how entertaining and hopeful this team’s play has been these last few weeks. 

In my lifetime, we’ve won two World Series which were spectacular and glorious, and we’ve lost two that were really, really painful. So I’ve known great joy, but I’m philosophical about this and it’s sort of like walking to school uphill both to and from and eating the bark off of trees and being grateful. I’m going to be grateful for all the unexpected good signs this season has had to offer and however many more games we win I will be pretty much OK. 

For fans who haven’t enjoyed these heights I really want this for you. You deserve it. Good luck to us all in however our hopes and dreams may play out. This series will be a signature test. 

We can catch the Twinkies. Their remaining schedule is hard and they're not playing well;

Screenshot_20240912_115209_MLB.thumb.jpg.ed442268def6bc51a85ce05f7ac7a53e.jpg

I see 10 losses for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1