9/13/24 6:40PM Orioles @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

10 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The ship that has sailed is the idea that no-hitter as can be only solo efforts.

I think most people regard solo no hitters more than group no hitters.  Everybody remembers the no hitters by Verlander and Turnbull.  How many remember the 7/8/2023 no hitter thrown by Manning, Foley and Lange? I had forgotten about that one until I looked up Tigers no hitters.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I think most people regard solo no hitters more than group no hitters.  Everybody remembers the no hitters by Verlander and Turnbull.  How many remember the 7/8/2023 no hitter thrown by Manning, Foley and Lange? I had forgotten about that one until I looked up Tigers no hitters.  

I remember that one but always forget Turnbull had one

7 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

He was already playing no doubles. Already on the line. That ball was hit really hard. No chance on it.

I'm not saying he'd deserve it.   Nobody's getting to that from where he was positioned.     Just a bunch of morons who don't follow baseball are going to jump all over him.  

Just now, SoCalTiger said:

Ya I think it’s no longer a jinx. Superstition is just a hindrance on life anyway. BS at best. 

I can see where it arose out of a sort of practicality. If a pitcher is twirling a no-no and teammates start coming up and talking to him about it, it probably makes him nervous, right? It gets him thinking. It gets in his head. So if he blows the no hitter, who does he blame? HImself? Hell no, he blames the guys who got in his head about it.

It's not like that with al pitchers, of course, but it has to happen only once for guys to get the message about jinxing no-hitters.

12 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Only solo no-hitters count. But winning a pressure game means a lot counts for Everything. Go tigers.

13 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Of course they do. So do I. Some fans go so far as to reject combined no-hitters entirely, or even more inexplicably, get visibly angry about it. I don't get that.

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

I can see where it arose out of a sort of practicality. If a pitcher is twirling a no-no and teammates start coming up and talking to him about it, it probably makes him nervous, right? It gets him thinking. It gets in his head. So if he blows the no hitter, who does he blame? HImself? Hell no, he blames the guys who got in his head about it.

It's not like that with al pitchers, of course, but it has to happen only once for guys to get the message about jinxing no-hitters.

True. But that’s different because it CAN affect the outcome as you described. But none of the pictures have me on speed dial so I can say what I want 

• Like 2