9/14/24 6:10PM Orioles @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

One of the things I like about this particular September run is that I have no real expectations that they will overtake the Twins and go to the playoffs. If they make it, it will be amazing; if they don’t, that’s fine. I won’t feel like that next year, I’m sure—it’ll be baseball in October or bust, and an actual disappointment if they don’t make it—but for now, for this year, I like the feeling of playing with house money. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chasfh said:

One of the things I like about this particular September run is that I have no real expectations that they will overtake the Twins and go to the playoffs. If they make it, it will be amazing; if they don’t, that’s fine. I won’t feel like that next year, I’m sure—it’ll be baseball in October or bust, and an actual disappointment if they don’t make it—but for now, for this year, I like the feeling of playing with house money. 

This is really good way of putting it and I entirely agree. I had hoped that we would have this kind of record by this time, but I didn’t expect it to be achieved in such dramatic fashion and so late in the season after so many previous missteps.

22 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

This is really good way of putting it and I entirely agree. I had hoped that we would have this kind of record by this time, but I didn’t expect it to be achieved in such dramatic fashion and so late in the season after so many previous missteps.

It's not just that the Tigers are winning. The story has to include the Twins collapse. 

• Like 1

I’m curious what the winning percentage is of the other four teams in the Central Division against the White Sox and what the winning percentage of all the other teams that have played them in baseball is. I wouldn’t be surprised if everybody in baseball has beat up on the White Sox in relatively the same manner. 

IMG_6889.thumb.jpeg.6d793381ffea12d93cc8ad83aad6434b.jpeg

We are all well aware BA doesn’t say it all - and this isn’t something I agonize over a lot - but this is the first time in a while I have noticed that the bottom four in the order are not all below .200. Only Rogers, and he’s a special case because he catches. 

8 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

was there a particular reason he was throwing it out, or was it more a case of needing someone and him being available?

The 19th annual ¡Fiesta Tigres! will be held September 13–15, 2024, to kick off Hispanic Heritage Month

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

was there a particular reason he was throwing it out, or was it more a case of needing someone and him being available?

I saw pictures on Twitter that appeared to look like he was part of some ceremony, had a framed jersey of him and some trophy beside it that I couldn't make out. Maybe it was Latin American Night or something and he was being honored?