9/14/24 6:10PM Orioles @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

OK, it’s time to win this game in the dramatic walk off fashion that we have gotten used to. It needs to be the equivalent of the kid in Christmas Story getting the Red Ryder range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time and NOT shooting our eye out. 

1 minute ago, IdahoBert said:

Tomorrow it’s Montero for us and Cade Povich for the Orioles. Who da’ baby daddy?

Povich has only won once is his last 7 starts. And I'm not sure it counts, he beat the WSox. I guess we could just give him an * for that win. But he is a lefty....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Well, we didn’t get the air rifle for Christmas, but neither did we shoot out our eye, nor remain scoreless for 17 innings. The glass is half full.

We need to carry this winning thing into 2025. We could be going for the division next season. Kinda like the Lions finishing 8-2 and barely missing the playoffs in 2022.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

I'm going to take Torkelson's single to right to keep the game going as a sign he's trying to become a more versatile hitter. It doesn't seem like it but he's hitting 270, 780 OPS since his return. Hope not dead yet.

A great and memorable quote from the Repo Man movie - Kevin: “There's [blank] room to move as a fry cook. I could be manager in two years. King. God!”

I jest, but I do agree with you. 

11 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

We need to carry this winning thing into 2025. We could be going for the division next season. Kinda like the Lions finishing 8-2 and barely missing the playoffs in 2022.

big challenge next season will be to sort out all the arms. At this point, given that they are still stuck with Maeda, I don't want to see them bring in another reclamation product or 'innings eater.' if they sign a pitcher it should be serious  multi-year signing of a #2/3 guy. 

40 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

big challenge next season will be to sort out all the arms. At this point, given that they are still stuck with Maeda, I don't want to see them bring in another reclamation product or 'innings eater.' if they sign a pitcher it should be serious  multi-year signing of a #2/3 guy. 

I guess (and I truly am guessing out of thin air air here) they could do that, but given how the new guys appear to be flourishing — for now at least — I have some doubts about ownership pulling the trigger on something like that that; it doesn’t seem to be in their DNA, especially given how prone to injury pitchers are, and that the Ilitch family might possibly like to be proven mostly right about their strategy of building from within. It’s the kind of thing a top-tier monied team would do, but I don’t think they see this team that way. I’ve become kind of cynical about this ownership group. No matter what, the off-season will be interesting. 

• Like 1