9/14/24 6:10PM Orioles @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

9 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

big challenge next season will be to sort out all the arms. At this point, given that they are still stuck with Maeda, I don't want to see them bring in another reclamation product or 'innings eater.' if they sign a pitcher it should be serious  multi-year signing of a #2/3 guy. 

I actually don't mind the reclamation projects.  Fetter seems to be one of our most valuable assets at this point.  Flaherty worked out nice this year and Lorenzen the same last year.  I would not even be surprised if Maeda bounced back next year.  If we can hit on half of those guys, that seems better than risking a large deal on a pitcher.  

On 9/14/2024 at 8:17 PM, gehringer_2 said:

big challenge next season will be to sort out all the arms. At this point, given that they are still stuck with Maeda, I don't want to see them bring in another reclamation product or 'innings eater.' if they sign a pitcher it should be serious  multi-year signing of a #2/3 guy. 

They’re are definitely going to try to recondition Maeda as a starter next spring, but they have shown that they’ll run him out there as a bulk reliever all year if they have to.

Edited by chasfh