9/15/24 12:10PM Orioles @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Somebody on Twitter said nobody is complaining about Hinch any more. I said Shelby Miller has 8 blown saves!! A good manager may have learned after the first two and not used him in that spot?

I've come around more to blaming bad relievers on the GM. If a guy is hazardous the GM has to get him off the team. There aren't enough roster spots to carry guys you can't use.

28 minutes ago, papalawrence said:

Reflecting on when AA hired Gardy, and said the rebuild would require patience and could take 5 years. Little did we know how long it would actually take. To me it feels like they're walking through the door into a new era. A joy to be a fan right now.

It's probably not related but it felt hard to move into the new era as long as Cabrera was hanging around.  

2 hours ago, Tigermojo said:

I'm just really tired of pick the stick and all the trash talk that goes with a completely meaningless game.

Pick the stick is an excuse to fill up time between commercials when you have nothing better to say.

Friday’s game with the Orioles will be on Apple TV. I’ve heard people piss and moan about Apple TV but I’m surprised at how much they know about the Tigers when I’ve watched games there this season. 

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

Pick the stick is an excuse to fill up time between commercials when you have nothing better to say.

Friday’s game with the Orioles will be on Apple TV. I’ve heard people piss and moan about Apple TV but I’m surprised at how much they know about the Tigers when I’ve watched games there this season. 

I watched 1 game on Apple and then spent hours trying to cancel it so I wouldn't get charged for something I don't want.  I already have Amazon Prime, Peacock, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube TV and Bally Sports. 

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

I watched 1 game on Apple and then spent hours trying to cancel it so I wouldn't get charged for something I don't want.  I already have Amazon Prime, Peacock, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube TV and Bally Sports. 

It's actually really easy to cancel Apple TV. Takes all of two minutes.

Just now, Sports_Freak said:

Maybe for you. When I went to cancel, I had to jump thru hoops. Unless they've changed it. It took hours and was frustrating.

They used to let you watch one game on a trial without actually signing up (maybe still do?), which I did last season. But once you had done that if you went back to Apple TV for anything else you had to subscribe, and I never went there.

I just tried to buy a movie on Apple TV on my actual TV and they won’t let me do it. I don’t know if that’s because I’m going through the firestick or what. But instead of getting on my “device” I simply went to Amazon and bought bought the movie there with no trouble. Apple TV seems to make things harder than other people. 

6 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Jason's back. Boo...hiss. 

Hey, someone else is on board with me about Spaghetti! 💀

Seriously, he’s not genuinely bad like Shep—hardly anyone can be—and I could sit through a game he's calling and be OK. But on occasion, his too-clever-by-half commentary can get on my nerves a bit. I will always prefer Dan Dickerson to Jason Benetti. 

14 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Hey, someone else is on board with me about Spaghetti! 💀

Seriously, he’s not genuinely bad like Shep—hardly anyone can be—and I could sit through a game he's calling and be OK. But on occasion, his too-clever-by-half commentary can get on my nerves a bit. I will always prefer Dan Dickerson to Jason Benetti. 

Same. If the Tigers are winning, he's tolerable. But when we're losing, his giggling gets on my nerves. Anytime I turn it on and Dickerson is doing the game, i'm happy. And if YouTube TV and the radio synced up, I would do that. But the radio is 2 pitches or so ahead of Bally Sports...

I like Benetti because I think the role of a baseball TV guy can be on the goofy side. The other day he dropped a “how much ya bench?” reference and I thought only my friend Nick and I remembered that SNL sketch.  

• Thanks 1

Maybe for you. When I went to cancel, I had to jump thru hoops. Unless they've changed it. It took hours and was frustrating.

"How to cancel Apple TV+

1. Go to tv.apple.com.

2. Choose Sign In at the top of the page. If you don't see Sign In, skip this step.

3. Choose the account icon at the top of the page.

4. Choose Settings.

5. Scroll to Subscriptions and choose Manage.

6. Choose Cancel Subscription."

They haven't changed it, that's how I cancelled it over a year ago and that's how you cancel it today. That's all you had to do to cancel when you did it as well.

Edited by TigerNation

34 minutes ago, oblong said:

I like Benetti because I think the role of a baseball TV guy can be on the goofy side. The other day he dropped a “how much ya bench?” reference and I thought only my friend Nick and I remembered that SNL sketch.  

Yeah, I like that kind of stuff too. Although I’ll admit, I really partial to having Dan on TV.