Week Three: Detroit Lions (1-1) @ Arizona Cardinals (1-1)

16 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Any news on LaPorta.  I was getting my foot x-rayed and missed a lot. 

Hey, we know you’re a fan. You don’t have to get your foot x-rayed to demonstrate your sympathy. 😊

Haven't heard anything to indicate the LaPorta injury is serious but hope you’re doing OK. 

42 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

Happy with the win. Immensely concerned with the offense.  7 second half possessions  zero points.  3 games this season, haven’t scored more than 20 in regulation.  Panthers scored 33 today.  It’s a problem.  Needs to be addressed.  This is a bottom of league offense through 3 games.

Not concerned at all about the offense. Encouraged by the defense. Somewhat concerned about mounting injuries.  Wondering whether to be concerned about Packers and Vikings.

Edited by lordstanley

If there is any consolation, they have not relied on him much to this point this season. 

I missed the DPI call against Arnold. Was listening in car so couldn’t see it. But he seemed to play solid defense for a team that only gave up 13 points. The other DPIs I’ve seen called against him this season were marginal. I don’t think the Okudah comparisons are valid. 

This was another good performance today by the defense. It's a bit of a bummer to see this defense play so well to start the season out and the offense start out so slowly. The defense has contained well and kept opposing offense out of the redzone and really limited their big plays that haunted them last season. 

It was another underwhelming performance by their passing offense after a solid start to the game. The running game was solid again and Montgomery has been a beast all year. They have to get this passing attack consistently in rhythm for four straight quarters. We already saw their inability to score in the second half cost them last week and it's going to bite them again. 

I'm beginning to wonder if Ben Johnson took out one of those high dollar Lloyd's of London insurance policies. You know the ones that have some kind of clause attached. In this case if Johnson's offense scores a touchdown in the third quarter, does he lose out on the insurance payout?

3 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Not concerned at all about the offense. Encouraged by the defense. Somewhat concerned about mounting injuries.  Wondering whether to be concerned about Packers and Vikings.

I’d you’re not concerned with the offense you’re not being honest.  They are predictable and stagnant. 

8 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

It was another underwhelming performance by their passing offense after a solid start to the game

Goff finished the game with a 113.6 RTG on only 23 attempts.  It was less that the passing game wasn't sharp or available than that they chose not to use it more. They almost hit an exactly 50/50 yds passing/yds rushing total.

Edited by gehringer_2

9 hours ago, Shinzaki said:

I am of the belief that Kyler Murray isn't a carriage...he's a pumpkin.  He will revert to his true form today

He definitely had an orange tint today...

Not going to complain about a win on the road...it's awesome to have a defense that's good.  We don't have to score 35+ every week to win

10 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Goff finished the game with a 113.6 RTG on only 23 attempts.  It was less that the passing game wasn't sharp or available than that they chose not to use it more. They almost hit an exactly 50/50 yds passing/yds rushing total.

Scoring zero points in the second half is partly to blame on Goff and the passing game, good passer rating or not. It's more on Ben Johnson than Goff, but he still deserves some blame. It's going to catch up to them that they struggle to score in the second half again as it did last week.

I would like to see the All 22 on the Lions offense for this game cause it seems like there were several times where the Lions were looking to go deep and Goff had time that he just chose to check down instead.

The good news is that in the first 2 weeks they wouldn't have been able to do stuff like that cause the OLine just weren't blocking well enough but the bad news is that either guys weren't getting open or they were open and Goff just didn't see them/didn't have the confidence to throw it.  

5 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Scoring zero points in the second half is partly to blame on Goff and the passing game, good passer rating or not. It's more on Ben Johnson than Goff, but he still deserves some blame. It's going to catch up to them that they struggle to score in the second half again as it did last week.

A lot of Goff's issues today were on the O-line. They played good enough to win, but were not the elite unit we've come to expect. 

Watching SNF and just LOL at Mike Tirico saying philanthropy is important to the NFL. Yeah, it's so important that's why they had to be paid to display patriotism at games and league events. Paid patriotism is not what I'd call philanthropic. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/11/05/454834662/pentagon-paid-sports-teams-millions-for-paid-patriotism-events

2 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Watching SNF and just LOL at Mike Tirico saying philanthropy is important to the NFL. Yeah, it's so important that's why they had to be paid to display patriotism at games and league events. Paid patriotism is not what I'd call philanthropic. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/11/05/454834662/pentagon-paid-sports-teams-millions-for-paid-patriotism-events

Jeez...that was even from 2015. I wonder how much more they've spent since then? Inflation, you know?

3 minutes ago, holygoat said:

A lot of Goff's issues today were on the O-line. They played good enough to win, but were not the elite unit we've come to expect. 

Yeah the O-Line has been a major disappoint thus far this season but I thought they played better today. Unlike the first 2 games where it felt like Goff had to get the ball out in under 2 seconds or risk getting killed today there were several plays where he actually had time and was able to step into some throws down the field. The first 2 games he simply wasn't able to even do that, so many throws flat footed or off the back foot due to the blocking.

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Yeah the O-Line has been a major disappoint thus far this season but I thought they played better today. Unlike the first 2 games where it felt like Goff had to get the ball out in under 2 seconds or risk getting killed today there were several plays where he actually had time and was able to step into some throws down the field. The first 2 games he simply wasn't able to even do that, so many throws flat footed or off the back foot due to the blocking.

The OL played good enough to get us big rushing yards. How many times was Goff sacked?