Week Three: Detroit Lions (1-1) @ Arizona Cardinals (1-1)

Lions won’t contain Murray.  They won’t slow down Trey McBride or MHJ.  James Conner will score a TD.    Lions still find a way to win in the 4th quarter.  Defense stops Murray at the end with a chance to win the game.     BBranch continues to make big plays.   Hutch 1.5 more sacks.

I expect to see everyone‘s favorite defensive strategy of bend-don’t-break today. MHJ and Kyler will both gash us at times but be held to field goals in the red zone. Slightly worried if Anzalone is out, but he seemed to be trending in the right direction out of concussion protocol.

Arizona’s defensive line isn’t as good as Tampa’s so we should be able to run the ball down the middle of the field, which we struggled to do. Just get back to your identity and what’s won you games the last year and a half and everything will be okay.

3 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Are the Vikings for real?

Defense is absolutely legit, Jefferson best receiver in football and they are well coached.  This is the best team in the nfc north, right there with the packers.

This is gonna be a tough season for us I think.  Teams around us will keep winning.  That’s why losing a game like last week was unacceptable. If your coaches lose you games you miss the playoffs.  Today is a must win. 

33 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

Defense is absolutely legit, Jefferson best receiver in football and they are well coached.  This is the best team in the nfc north, right there with the packers.

This is gonna be a tough season for us I think.  Teams around us will keep winning.  That’s why losing a game like last week was unacceptable. If your coaches lose you games you miss the playoffs.  Today is a must win. 

I’m a little surprised you don’t have the Bears being better than the Lions too.  

Today is absolutely not a must win.   It’s week 3.    

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

I’m a little surprised you don’t have the Bears being better than the Lions too.  

Today is absolutely not a must win.   It’s week 3.    

It is. Packers and Vikings clearly ahead. Remember when the jags made a conference final like 9 years ago and haven’t done anything since?

4 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

It is. Packers and Vikings clearly ahead. Remember when the jags made a conference final like 9 years ago and haven’t done anything since?

That Jaguars team had Blake Bortles as their starting QB and half the offensive talent we have. Their best weapons on offense were Allen Hurns and Mercedes Lewis. This team has more offensive talent than they had. I don't fear we're turning into the 2014 Jags. 

I do fear, at least a little bit, that teams are figuring out Ben Johnson's offense and would like to see the playcalling mixed up and the return of Sam LaPorta to the scheme. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Subway charged me $16 for a foot long the other day. Inflation is one thing, that’s just highway robbery.

It’s getting out of hand. In college I would always get the buy one get one on Tuesdays.  $6 after tax.