Week Three: Detroit Lions (1-1) @ Arizona Cardinals (1-1)

Just now, TP_Fan said:

That looked like the OT drive.   More of that. 

If I see toss sweeps 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage on the next drive to Gibbs and no Montgomery I'll be upset. It's not that Gibbs and Monty shouldn't be rotated, they very much should. But if you're pounding the rock and controlling up front with Montgomery hammering it, stay at it.

Just now, Mr.TaterSalad said:

If I see toss sweeps 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage on the next drive to Gibbs and no Montgomery I'll be upset. It's not that Gibbs and Monty shouldn't be rotated, they very much should. But if you're pounding the rock and controlling up front with Montgomery hammering it, stay at it.

Coaches struggle with that. They are so driven by an RB spilt. Like Michigan. Mullings working, edwards not, still splitting it up.  

1 minute ago, TP_Fan said:

Coaches struggle with that. They are so driven by an RB spilt. Like Michigan. Mullings working, edwards not, still splitting it up.  

It's not that Gibbs hasn't worked. He's a very talented player. Gibbs should be a weapon and a standardback at times. He's a guy who can be moved all over the field. Bubble screen plays, tosses to the outside where it develops quickly, lining him out wide, and yes, draw handoffs to bounce outside or go up the middle. It's when he starts out 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage, they do a backfield toss, and he gets tackled at or near the line of scrimmage that I get annoyed.