9/16/24 7:40PM Tigers @ Royals

Tigeraholic1

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

I'm on the radio now and Scales and Dickerson claim Cora made the right signal and Tork didn't pick it up. He wave the trailing runner with one arm the other (according to Dan) was pointing at 3rd which means stop but they admitted he waits  very late to signal a runner to stop.

No he never pointed at third. He waved Tork around until he was right at the bag and then pointed at the fielder who had the ball. He was supposed to point at third but forgot to.

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I'm on the radio now and Scales and Dickerson claim Cora made the right signal and Tork didn't pick it up. He waves the trailing runner with one arm the other (according to Dan) was pointing at 3rd which means stop but they admitted he waits  very late make the stop sign.

I don’t think thats right.  The trailing runner was the batter and he picked up his sign from the 1st base coach.   If was going to pick up any sign from Cora it would’ve been stop at second.

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Step by step. Picking up 3 games in 9 is a lot better than having to pick 4 in ten. ESPN playoff odds reach double figures.....😳

11 games left. Twins ahead 2 games in the loss column.  We need to pick up 3 more games on them. They have 3 more in Cleveland, 3 in Boston and 3 at home w/Miami and finish with 3 at home against Baltimore. If I were a gambler, I would take the Tigers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

11 games left. Twins ahead 2 games in the loss column.  We need to pick up 3 more games on them. They have 3 more in Cleveland, 3 in Boston and 3 at home w/Miami and finish with 3 at home against Baltimore. If I were a gambler, I would take the Tigers.

Baltimore could be a problem. If 1st place is out of reach for the Birds by that last series they might just rest their pitching.

Last 6 at home should be good for Det but they haven't actually been any better at home this season.

Edited by gehringer_2

5 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Baltimore could be a problem. If 1st place is out of reach for the Birds by that last series they might just rest their pitching.

Last 6 at home should be good for Det but they haven't actually been any better at home this season.

But the Orioles have the ability to score runs with that offense. And with the extra playoff teams, they may still be playing for seeding. And...the Twins pitching is really struggling. They may only win 3 more games or so. 82-80.