9/16/24 7:40PM Tigers @ Royals

Tigeraholic1

4 minutes ago, HeyAbbott said:

Didn't he know Abner Doubleday?

In the real world, one of the social workers at my kid’s school is from Detroit and Charlie Gehringer was one of her uncles. For years, her whole family has been honored with box seats on opening day because the Tigers look out for these families of former greats, especially Hall of Famers. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SeattleMike said:

The Tigers lose a lot of replay challenges. They need to tighten up that operation. 

I wonder what happened there. They used to have one of the best challenge teams in the league and now they miss so often it's almost embarrassing. Somebody hired away somebody or they went cheap on equipment upgrades or what?

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

I wonder what happened there. They used to have one of the best challenge teams in the league and now they miss so often it's almost embarrassing. Somebody hired away somebody or they went cheap on equipment upgrades or what?

I think in that specific case, the camera angles were misleading. New York can take two angles to get the call right but the Tigers didn't have time to do that.