9/17/24 7:40PM Tigers @ Royals

Tigeraholic1

Because of a flight delayed on my way home from Europe, I had to unexpectedly spend last night in Minneapolis and am at the airport now. I spat on two of the hoodies and clipped my fingernails into one of the mugs. It is a playoff race and we all have to do our part. 

IMG_0324.jpeg

Edited by lordstanley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Because of a flight delayed on my way home from Europe, I had to unexpectedly spend last night in Minneapolis and am at the airport now. I spat on two of the hoodies and clipped my fingernails into one of the mugs. It is a playoff race and we all have to do our part. 

IMG_0324.jpeg

God’s work here. 

Wouldn't it be great if we could do a little game 163 payback and eliminate them on the last day? 

I’m glad they didn’t leave Olsen in too long yesterday and I hope they don’t leave Casey in if he begins to falter. I have bad memories of how Brad Ausmus used to leave a guy in long past the time that anybody, friend or foe in the stands, thought it wise. 

I remember rolling my eyes as the playoffs expanded to include more than just the champions of each division and being perhaps un-deservedly “philosophical“ about it cheapening the regular season. Being in a position where my team after a long drought can now benefit from it, however, I kind of like it. 

Even a tie is one game for practical purposes since there's no tiebreaker win opportunity for the Tigers.

I don't care how it ends up to be honest.  I'm enjoying this season and anything outside of a 3-8 end to the season, I don't think it'll be ruined.  I've been waiting for the bottom to fall out for a month and it hasn't so why expect it now?

36 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I remember rolling my eyes as the playoffs expanded to include more than just the champions of each division and being perhaps un-deservedly “philosophical“ about it cheapening the regular season. Being in a position where my team after a long drought can now benefit from it, however, I kind of like it. 

I just read the last playoff team doesn't get any home games in the first round. What is it, the best of 3?

32 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I just read the last playoff team doesn't get any home games in the first round. What is it, the best of 3?

Yep 3 game series but all in the higher seed's ballpark.  Unless something drastically changes we would end up playing the Astros if we were to get the 6 seed. Unless said drastic changes happen the loser of the AL East will finish with a better record than the Astros but since Houston won their division they get the 3 seed. 

6 hours ago, oblong said:

I dont like to dog on Casey but he needs to come through tonight.  

He is the one I have the least amount of confidence in.  I always think the offense will need to be at the top of their game and hopefully he can get through 5 with only giving 4 runs.

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

Even Torkelson. Last year he was -11 Rrds. This yr  -1, which even accounting for the smaller number of games is a huge improvement. On statcast he raised his OAA from -7 last yr to -2 so far this year. 

To be honest, I think his defense has looked better lately.

13 minutes ago, tiger2022 said:

He is the one I have the least amount of confidence in.  I always think the offense will need to be at the top of their game and hopefully he can get through 5 with only giving 4 runs.

Yeah I'm the same way, every time he's on the mound I feel like our only chance is to get lucky and he gets a bunch of "at'em balls" or we score a bunch a runs.  

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

I changed my expectations. I want the Tigers to catch KC. I want some home games...

If you're talking about for the first round of the playoffs it wouldn't matter if we caught KC or not we'd still be looking at 3 on the road. In fact it may be a tougher task if we got to the 5 seed since we'd either have to face the Yankees or Orioles who both have a better record than the Astros who we'd see if we got the 6 seed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

If you're talking about for the first round of the playoffs it wouldn't matter if we caught KC or not we'd still be looking at 3 on the road. In fact it may be a tougher task if we got to the 5 seed since we'd either have to face the Yankees or Orioles who both have a better record than the Astros who we'd see if we got the 6 seed. 

So we need to beat Houston, on the road, just to get some home games in the 2nd round? That totally stinks. I sure wish we had the 8 wins that Miller blew.