9/17/24 7:40PM Tigers @ Royals

Tigeraholic1

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

So we need to beat Houston, on the road, just to get some home games in the 2nd round? That totally stinks. I sure wish we had the 8 wins that Miller blew.

Yep it sucks but if we do make it atleast we'll get to play a minimum of 2 playoff games instead of the sudden death 1 like it was before. 

Casey -  I believe in you.   I know that you're in your recovery year and you aren't going to be 100% of what you can be until next season.    Some are starting to call you a bust.   I don't believe that.    You may never reach that 1/1 status people want, but I still think you'll be a plus pitcher in the league once you're completely comfortable in your new elbow.   

But tonight...............be the 1/1 we all hoped for.    

Think Rick Porcello in Game 163. 

That game he went 5 2/3rds - 4 hits, 2 BBs and 1 ER with 8 Ks.       I don't need all the K's, but if you could stiffen the sinews and summon up the blood.     ONCE MORE UNTO THE BREACH, DEAR CASEY, ONCE MORE !

• Like 3

5 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I remember rolling my eyes as the playoffs expanded to include more than just the champions of each division and being perhaps un-deservedly “philosophical“ about it cheapening the regular season. Being in a position where my team after a long drought can now benefit from it, however, I kind of like it. 

I don't like it in general...but I can temporarily enjoy it. It's nothing like the 1987 race, but I'll take the cheap thrills of a wild card race over the past several years.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I don't like it in general...but I can temporarily enjoy it. It's nothing like the 1987 race, but I'll take the cheap thrills of a wild card race over the past several years.  

I didnt particularly care for the one game playoff

Edited by monkeytargets39