9/17/24 7:40PM Tigers @ Royals

Tigeraholic1

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

If you're talking about for the first round of the playoffs it wouldn't matter if we caught KC or not we'd still be looking at 3 on the road. In fact it may be a tougher task if we got to the 5 seed since we'd either have to face the Yankees or Orioles who both have a better record than the Astros who we'd see if we got the 6 seed. 

I don’t know, the way the Orioles have been scuffling lately, they wouldn’t be a bad playoff draw. Too bad for them they don’t have a shutdown ace. 😁

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, monkeytargets39 said:

I didnt particularly care for the one game playoff

They were better than tie breakers.

In 1987, there wasn't a one game playoff.  There would have been if the Tigers lost one of the games to the Blue Jays on the final weekend, but they avoided it by sweeping.  

9 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

they said Schoop - at least when he was younger, turned a DP about as fast as anyone. I don't know where Keith ranks now but he's faster than anyone we have had there since Schoop.

Gotta say he has improved immensely as the year has gone on. All my first base noise was....noise. Happy about that though.