9/18/24 7:40PM Tigers @ Royals

Tigeraholic1

7 hours ago, papalawrence said:

This has been one of the most unique positive Tigers runs of my lifetime. 1984 35-5 will always be #1, but this run, after selling at the deadline has been a beautiful head scratcher. 

Wow, I hadn't thought of this in that context.  I've been thinking of how out of nowhere this has been and how that aspect of it compares to 2006.

35-5 is something we may never see again. That '84 team expectations.  But when you line the totality of the expectations up with the output, when you look at how this team has juts completely come out of nowhere after selling off, 33-23 in the 2nd half where they were down to 2 SPs and some duct tape for a rotation is a heck of a run.

• Like 1

I’ve stopped pinching myself to see if I’m dreaming in hopes of discovering what things are like when I wake up. I’m awake, and this is what things are really like.

This club’s potential is being actualized more quickly than any of us thought possible, and it’s not just dumb luck. It’s intentional. It’s more than a monkey randomly tapping out words at a typewriter. The traction and momentum are real.

It’s not like they’re using alien technology discovered at Roswell either. They are consciously utilizing their assets and getting more out of all their moving parts than other clubs.

8 hours ago, papalawrence said:

Baez and Zimmermann, both all-time busts. And I confess I was pumped with both signings when they happened.

I’m becoming glad Javier Baez was a bust, because had he succeeded out of the gate, Al Avila would still be around, we would still have the same coaching and development crew, our prospects would be stuck in neutral, Jonathan Schoop and Gregory Soto would still be playing for us, Tarik Skubal would have been traded to the Rays for two toolsy low A prospects, Jason Benetti would be doing play-by-play for the Twins, and I’d be working as an overnight janitor for a dollar store chain.

Please don’t anybody break this snow globe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, chasfh said:

I’m becoming glad Javier Baez was a bust, because had he succeeded out of the gate, Al Avila would still be around, we would still have the same coaching and development crew, our prospects would be stuck in neutral, Jonathan Schoop and Gregory Soto would still be playing for us, Tarik Skubal would have been traded to the Rays for two toolsy low A prospects, Jason Benetti would be doing play-by-play for the Twins, and I’d be working as an overnight janitor for a dollar store chain.

Please don’t anybody break this snow globe.

the Matt Patricia was good for the Lions because he allowed them to get all those great draft picks model.