9/21/24 4:05PM Tigers @ Orioles

Tigeraholic1

14 minutes ago, holygoat said:

Ha ha! My dog had been pestering me to go outside for 2 innings, and when the O's tied it in the 9th with no outs, I gave in. Looks like I missed the good stuff. Wild.

I was pacing but kept running back to the TV in the 9th. My cat ran and hid, screaming interrupted his 17 hour "nap"  😺

• Haha 1

AJ pushing all the right buttons. 4 diff DH, and in 4 PH they went 3-3 and a sac fly.

And it's great to see Brieske emerge as a longer-term piece. Having guys like Holton and Brieske who can pitch at any point of the game and go longer than 1, so valuable. Had butterflies in my stomach for a Tigers game for the first time in many years

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

If the Tigers beat Baltimore tomorrow, I think we'll have the tie breaker against them. If we lose, it goes to the 2nd tie breaker and I have no idea who has that.

If the Tigers lose, they’ll be 6 back of Baltimore with 6 to go and won’t be catching them. 
Seattle winning and likely will stay just 1 game behind the Tigers. I do think there’s a scenario where the Tigers win the tiebreaker over KC or the Minnesota if a 3 or 4 way tie involving Seattle. I’ll do the work to prove or disprove that. 

Edited by lordstanley

The gaps between the lows and the highs with this team are excruciating. The lows cut deeper and the highs are more stratospheric because I’m a lot more invested. I’ve bought into this team this year more than I have with any team in the last many years. A big part of it is that these guys are grown and raised on our own farms which are now showing promise instead of disappointment. The youthful exuberance of the team is just infectious.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, papalawrence said:

AJ pushing all the right buttons. 4 diff DH, and in 4 PH they went 3-3 and a sac fly.

And it's great to see Brieske emerge as a longer-term piece. Having guys like Holton and Brieske who can pitch at any point of the game and go longer than 1, so valuable. Had butterflies in my stomach for a Tigers game for the first time in many years

Forget the butter butterflies in the stomach I had to worry about the condition of my pants. This was freaking intense. 

I know everybody is glad we won and everything else is water under the bridge, but I feel kind of bad for Jason Foley. This is going to go down as an epic game in Tigers' history and his role in it was all but losing it for us. That's gotta weigh on him some. I'm guessing he's getting a bunch of go-get-ems from coaching and the other guys.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I know everybody is glad we won and everything else is water under the bridge, but I feel kind of bad for Jason Foley. This is going to go down as an epic game in Tigers' history and his role in it was all but losing it for us. That's gotta weigh on him some. I'm guessing he's getting a bunch of go-get-ems from coaching and the other guys.

And we don't even have our semi-elite RP from the last few years Alex Lange because RPs are weird like that.

[edit; seeing he was lost for the season, but he was struggling even before that]

Edited by romad1

11 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Thanks Chris.

:classic_wink:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kdog said:

Royals are back to the pack now...they might be a bigger risk to collapse.

Would love nothing more. I've maintained all year that they are an absolute fraud.

If a 34 year old Salvador Perez is your 2nd best position player, you have a a sub .500 roster.

7 minutes ago, romad1 said:

And we don't even have our semi-elite RP from the last few years Alex Lange because RPs are weird like that.

[edit; seeing he was lost for the season, but he was struggling even before that]

Believe it or not, I was at the game in Toledo where he got hurt. It was June 14, according to my calendar, and they had to walk him off the field. Sad, but, really, we don't need him anymore, so if we can't get him super cheap in Arb1, like, sub-$1 million, we probably let him walk.