9/21/24 4:05PM Tigers @ Orioles

Tigeraholic1

4 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

I'm able to do it, but only for the Tigers, and it is complicated. You can use transaction logs, but they are sometimes incomplete and don't necessarily let you know if the transaction happened before or after the game. Then you get the <20 day rule, grievances, the September 1 rule, the 3-days after Labor Day rule, etc.

It's nice that places like BP, FG, and Cots report it to the January number so you don't have to unbake their assumptions.

The guy on twitter I found this year (Lee calls him Pirates Edman) is trying it for every player, importing transactions daily. I want to tackle that if I can trust the transactions log, and am in the process of transitioning my sheet from Google to Excel to maybe up the scraping capability.

I would think that due to their relationship with MLB, Reference could somehow API their way into the system such that it can track active roster status for each and every player for the purposes of calculating this to 99+%, if not 100%, accuracy. The $64 question in such a case is, what is the upside that would justify such effort and presumably expense? None that I can think of. There might be some sort of proprietary thing that’s available to MLB organizations, and perhaps to other professional principals, such as sports agents, that they pay a hefty subscription fee for.

13 hours ago, chasfh said:

I know everybody is glad we won and everything else is water under the bridge, but I feel kind of bad for Jason Foley. This is going to go down as an epic game in Tigers' history and his role in it was all but losing it for us. That's gotta weigh on him some. I'm guessing he's getting a bunch of go-get-ems from coaching and the other guys.

They won the game, so there is no reason for him to feel down.  I also don't think this is going to go down as an epic game in Tigers history.  There have been a bunch of memorable games the last few weeks and I don't see this game as standing out from the others.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

They won the game, so there is no reason for him to feel down.  I also don't think this is going to go down as an epic game in Tigers history.  There have been a bunch of memorable games the last few weeks and I don't see this game as standing out from the others.   

Ok