Week Four: Seattle Seahawks (3-0) @ Detroit Lions (2-1)

9 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

For an optimistic take, I like the Lions tonight for a variety of reasons. Enough to justify bullets.

• The offense still has a lot of untapped potential, even if the defense takes a step back between the injuries and in facing All Pro Lion Killer Geno Smith.
  • There were comments made by the team in the preseason about games that they had circled. The three that come to mind are this one, the Cowboys, and Thanksgiving.
  • It's a new coach in Seattle, who I personally don't think is as good, and definitely isn't as experienced, as Pete Carroll.
  • The Seattle defense has not played an offense nearly to Detroit's caliber. I would go as far as to say that Detroit's offense on its own is probably better than an All Star offense comprised of the best players Denver, New England, and Miami had available when they played Seattle (i.e., minus Tua). I think they may be caught on their early season heels by whatever Campbell and Johnson dial up.
  • It's a primetime game. In regular season primetime games under Dan Campbell, the Lions are 6-1 and should be 7-0. The only loss came at the hands of Brad Allen in Dallas. When the lights are brightest they show up the mostest.

All that is to say, I like the Lions a lot. I wouldn't even be all that surprised to see a similar offensive explosion as we got against Green Bay on Thursday Night Football last year, where they took a 27-3 lead into the half. It's possible that Seattle is better than I am giving them credit for, but I think we see Detroit football at its best tonight.

If I could bet on vague game predictions I’d be a millionaire.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

Aikman is out there just grilling Aaron Glenn.  Explaining how dreadful the man to man strategy is.  

So did Windsor native and ex-Seahawk Luke Wilson on the TSN Canada post-game. He also thought the ASB to Goff play, as fun as it was to watch, was too cute of a call by the coaches when everything was working. 

I come away more concerned with the coaches than not.  So many head scratching decisions and overall bad strategy.   End of the first half.  All of the defense. Sticking with man.  Play action to take a safety.  Like come the heck on. This has got to be cleaned up.  

I'm still an Arnold believer but they have to do something with him during the bye week to try to clean things up. Granted some of the calls he has gotten this year have been a little ticky tack but it's obvious the refs are watching our DBs closely, hell I think Davis was called for more penalties in just this game than he was his last 2 years in TB combined.