Week Four: Seattle Seahawks (3-0) @ Detroit Lions (2-1)

Just now, TP_Fan said:

I come away more concerned with the coaches than not.  So many head scratching decisions and overall bad strategy.   End of the first half.  All of the defense. Sticking with man.  Play action to take a safety.  Like come the heck on. This has got to be cleaned up.  

If Glenn hasn’t come off of man in four years I don’t know why he would now.

3 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

I come away more concerned with the coaches than not.  So many head scratching decisions and overall bad strategy.   End of the first half.  All of the defense. Sticking with man.  Play action to take a safety.  Like come the heck on. This has got to be cleaned up.  

Which island do you want the coaches to live out their days in exile?  Or is it the pain amplifier for them, Baron? 

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

If Glenn hasn’t come off of man in four years I don’t know why he would now.

And that’s the bigger concern.  Dan Campbell doesnt hold his staff accountable.  Overall these are very likable coaches. All of them. But it does have a little good old boys feel to it.  Geno has done the same thing for 3 years, shredded mad and passed the heck out of the ball, and never has Glenn adjusted and Dan hasn’t made him. Why not?  The strategy needs to come from the head coach.  I can’t believe they let a bottom half QB shred them again. 

Just now, romad1 said:

Which island do you want the coaches to live out their days in exile?  Or is it the pain amplifier for them, Baron? 

Just play zone one time. So maybe an island where Glenn is forced to only call zone defense.  

5 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

And that’s the bigger concern.  Dan Campbell doesnt hold his staff accountable.  Overall these are very likable coaches. All of them. But it does have a little good old boys feel to it.  Geno has done the same thing for 3 years, shredded mad and passed the heck out of the ball, and never has Glenn adjusted and Dan hasn’t made him. Why not?  The strategy needs to come from the head coach.  I can’t believe they let a bottom half QB shred them again. 

But he does. He canned Aubrey Pleasant in 2022. I’m sure if Glenn was a problem he’d can him too. But they’re 3-1 and the defense has looked better than the offense in three of those games.

12 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

LOL Geno Smith is not a bottom half QB. 

Stop quoting TP so I don't have to see his nonstop bitching. Jesus, see a ****ing therapist. 

Off the top of my head. In no order:

Goff, darnold, love, mayfield, cousins, carr, stafford, purdy, Mayfield, Prescott, hurts, Daniels, Lamar, burrow, stroud, Mahomes, Herbert, Rodgers, Allen, tua.  That’s 20 better QBs. 

5 hours ago, TP_Fan said:

One thing we all can agree on, win probabilities are meaningless with the lions.  

I was waiting for the untimed downs after the phantom facemask penalties.  The fact that they awarded a safety and gave them a second and extra time out was really really fishy.  When they didn't "correct" the weird 4th down play that went out of the back of the end zone is when I finally felt the game would go in our favor.

9 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Jared Goff is basically Justin Jefferson. 

I mean Goff has scored a TD on 50% of his receptions while Jefferson scores on just a bit over 8% of his receptions. It's hard to argue that Goff isn't an elite receiver in the NFL with that kind of production.

9 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Why go for 2 there anyways?

I really didn't understand it. I don't know that that decision lost them the game, but it was very odd. I think it certainly changed the attitude of both teams a bit though so I'm glad they tried and failed.

9 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I don't like Jaemo high stepping there though. Cross the ****ing goal line and then celebrate. Don't be Leon Lett.

Very much agree on that. Get in the end zone, then celebrate.

And speaking of celebrations, why the heck is dunking still a foul? That's beyond stupid. I mean I get why it was a foul back when the NFL was the ultimate No Fun League with cracking down on TD celebrations, but now that they're not doing that anymore (thank goodness), why is dunking still a foul?

It became apparent pretty early that a banged up Seattle defense had no answer for our offense.    A masterclass in play calling and coaching from Ben and Dan.    

It was also apparent the Lions defense had no answer for the ticky tack bs from the refs.   Extended a bunch of drives and added meaningless yards on the stat sheet.  There was never a sense of urgency from the defense and maybe that was because it wasn’t going to be needed.  Lions offense could’ve scored 60 tonight if they needed it.   Must better in the grand scheme but did what was needed tonight.   AG will be fine especially when Branch makes it back.   

Edited by Hongbit
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TP_Fan said:

Seahawks will punt.  Aaron Glenn has really stepped up this season. He is just carrying the water for Ben Johnson, who has regressed to the worst coordinator in the league.  

9 hours ago, TP_Fan said:

Aaron Glenn can just pound sound.  He needs to leave this organization. He is the single worst coordinator any football team has ever had.  Geno smith just opened him in the first half, 2nd half adjustments?  3 straight touchdowns.  Go away terrible coach. 

Look, I fully get that emotions run high during the game an all, but dude... your flip flopping here is off the charts.