9/24/24 6:40PM Rays @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

Good idea posting this day before. We’ll probably have at least five full pages in the books before game time.

I wouldn’t say I’m nervous, exactly, but I do have a bit of trepidation going into this week because now, all of a sudden, I feel the twinge of expectations. With playoffs odds around 70%, it would be at least somewhat disappointing for me to see them fall short. Even if we finish 0-6, I will still be very, very happy with this season and our prospects going into 2025. But just a little twinge, y’know? But that’s OK. That just means we have a good team to root for now.

With the Twins playing the Marlins, it wouldn’t surprise me to see them win 2/3 while we win only 1/3 from the Rays and we go into the weekend down one. That would make sweeping the White Sox imperative. It would be a sweet tension I haven’t felt with this franchise probably since 2013.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Good idea posting this day before. We’ll probably have at least five full pages in the books before game time.

I wouldn’t say I’m nervous, exactly, but I do have a bit of trepidation going into this week because now, all of a sudden, I feel the twinge of expectations. With playoffs odds around 70%, it would be at least somewhat disappointing for me to see them fall short. Even if we finish 0-6, I will still be very, very happy with this season and our prospects going into 2025. But just a little twinge, y’know? But that’s OK. That just means we have a good team to root for now.

With the Twins playing the Marlins, it wouldn’t surprise me to see them win 2/3 while we win only 1/3 from the Rays and we go into the weekend down one. That would make sweeping the White Sox imperative. It would be a sweet tension I haven’t felt with this franchise probably since 2013.

Yeah but don't forget about KC.  They are on the road, albeit against washington.

A 4-2 homestand is a must, 5-1 preferable obviously.

**** it, sweep the Rays and keep it gravy.  This team has supposed to have folded the last month and they haven't.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Yeah, the Rays are 7-3 in their last 10. They're playing loose, no pressure. Playing spoiler. But we have Skubal going Tuesday. Win 2 out of 3 so fans don't panic...😆

Screenshot_20240923_092455_DuckDuckGo.jpg.9ed1422a407f64313e4cfddcba76d5d9.jpg