9/24/24 6:40PM Rays @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

22 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Yes he did.  And I loved the way Tony Phillips played.   Mr. OBP.       But Aurelio has a much stronger bond to me.  What I remember about Rodriguez is he always seemed to be smiling.  

That was the grin of an evil dude. Aurelio would field the ball and then sort of loaf until the runner was starting to hope he might beat it out, then gun him down.

11 hours ago, oblong said:

I’d like to see them on Friday with a magic number of 1 or 2. I want a win at home to clinch it. Not a loss by someone else.  Twins play Thursday night and their games Friday and Saturday are after the Tigers play. Everybody starts at 3ish on Sunday.  

The home town season ticket holders that have gone through the several season losing streak certainly deserve to see an on field celebration.

5 minutes ago, casimir said:

The home town season ticket holders that have gone through the several season losing streak certainly deserve to see an on field celebration.

certainly I am being selfish but I also think the players deserve an on the field celebration in front of the fans, with fireworks going off.  It would make great TV.  I don't expect a repeat of the ALDS celebration over the Yankees in 2006 (That was 19 years and a disappointing final week pent up frustration at play).  

But MN is playing like a dejected team so I'm not sure they're going to win the next two games and I can't root for the Tigers to lose so we'll see.

• Like 1