9/24/24 6:40PM Rays @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

I love it! I threw it out there last week, yeah he technically isn't "ready" but with his kinda stuff he could dominate MLB hitters who have never seen him, especially if used for only 1 trip through the order at a time or late in games when we need a big K. I think back to how the Rays used David Price in the 08 playoffs.

Yeah Price was probably more polished than Jobe is now but wasn't close to a finished product as evidence of his mid 4 ERA the following year as a rookie starter. But in short doses he dominated for the Rays that playoffs due to his crazy stuff. 

Edited by RandyMarsh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, chasfh said:

This is like you've been smoking this garbage Mexican dirt weed from the 70's on a makeshift beer can pipe for the last ten years, and all of a sudden someone packs some hydroponic Godfather OG into a Dopezilla Hydra bong and makes you take the biggest huff of your life. That's what this all feels like.

h/t @Hongbit

If you don't cough, you don't get off. Or so they say...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

rookie Francisco Rodriguez has that crazy playoff run for the Angels 20 years ago; just sayin'

I mentioned Price in 08 but this is another example that comes to mind. One more is Joba Chamberlain in 2007, He started 07 in A+ and by August was pitching out of the Yankees bullpen and dominating guys due to his sheer stuff.  Struggled in the playoffs that year in large part due to the infamous "midges game" in Cleveland. Otherwise he was dominant that couple months he was up. 

Just maybe we can find similar lightning in a bottle with Jobe this year. 

51 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

Harris is done playing around...he's going for it!!

How many teams sell at the deadline...get significantly younger AND better atvthe same time?

This is a baseball Black Swan event

Minds will be melted when he brings Flaherty back as an FA in the offseason.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

You know what this means, don't you? Max Clark and Kevin McGonigle are in play for the big club next year.

I don't see Clark until maybe after the ASB at the earliest. Has to be stronger and more consistent - I don't think he can carry a positive OPS+ in the majors yet. I could see McGonigle in the mix though.

Baseball America put out a short podcast this afternoon on Jobe. They were gushing about him, but at the end, the host (Scott Braun, so not one of the two BA guys on the call) went on and on about how this has been a disappointing year for the Tigers but this is a positive step for next year. Why do I get the feeling that segment has been in the can since August?

• Haha 1

Any questions? 41(a)(3) covers him. He can be a sub for SGL. I did not know until earlier about 41(a)(2)'s caveat about players on the IL only being replaceable if their time on the IL has expired. I think there might be a workaround there (You can just say White is injured and ineligible for the next round and replace him).

image.png.37ddf661b41493c46cf1114a232f934d.png

image.png.6e4d6b7c729769c26b818b732eaa2a5e.png

image.png.f62fd976d02a4155f08bcd365df64b49.png

image.png.56175e6b38a3aae22d8ebe9be253bd16.png

image.png.5b778d38c2bbdb2fd3fa73068971df93.png

image.png.dec6783ad9af8c392e9f554716201461.png

image.png.3f7c3fd91879894d84040135743ce59b.png

image.png.ff4d5ecba353fa79f29d2c8724da4759.png

image.png.c03579da1565423ee337ec8f44dc22ae.png

image.png.a47509c8ad1568691eb92e3d61e3f8af.png