9/24/24 6:40PM Rays @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

21 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Any questions? 41(a)(3) covers him. He can be a sub for SGL. I did not know until earlier about 41(a)(2)'s caveat about players on the IL only being replaceable if their time on the IL has expired. I think there might be a workaround there (You can just say White is injured and ineligible for the next round and replace him).

you're just being cruel now.....

😳

Edited by gehringer_2

4 hours ago, chasfh said:

Yet another amazing development for the Tigers. You absolutely cannot predict what this Harris administration will or will not do. Just can't. This is beyond amazing. I swear I'm gonna OD on this ****.

I am not too surprised.  I figured when they promoted him to Toledo, there was a decent chance they would call him up for a start if they were still in the race.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

goes a little against the numbers, but he wasn't going to be back next season and if Hinch didn't trust him at leverage he was going to have no role for these last 6 games.

Quite a baffling season from Miller.  Didn't let runners on, league average SO%, better than average BB%.  But he gave up gopher balls, and like you mention, leverage was an issue.

10 hours ago, oblong said:

Man… i know why they moved it but that screws me up. I was picked to be fan of the game and would have had great seats. The whole family was going.  Now nobody can go, I possibly could. By myself as fan of the game!  

I understand their logic as well but according to the attached team announcement above, anyone with tickets for the game that can’t make another game happen this week loses their money, period. Not sure I agree with this. 
Or am I missing something here?

1 hour ago, 1776 said:

I understand their logic as well but according to the attached team announcement above, anyone with tickets for the game that can’t make another game happen this week loses their money, period. Not sure I agree with this. 
Or am I missing something here?

Nope.  I already had tickets anyway so I turned those in for Saturdays game.  I do not have the tickets they were giving me. I had to get them from my rep before the game. They do that so nobody sells them or gives them away.   It’s unfortunate especially when they began hyping this home stand but they are doing the right thing.  Today’s forecast looks spotty so they need a large window  to play.  This evening is when they’re chances for T-storms so they want to avoid that.  

1 hour ago, casimir said:

Quite a baffling season from Miller.  Didn't let runners on, league average SO%, better than average BB%.  But he gave up gopher balls, and like you mention, leverage was an issue.

I won't miss him, but I feel a little bad for Shelby. He's been with the team all season and is getting the boot with six days to go in the middle of a post season run.

So let’s say we make it in. Will the teams that received a bye be as easy pickin’s as the 2006 Tigers are alleged to have been due to the layoff between games?

I’ve never liked that assertion, or the one that our pitchers didn’t know how to field. And as much as Tim McCarver relished that 2006 victory over the Tigers and may have traded in those assertions I do take some small comfort in the fact that the loss in 1968 affected him so deeply that his commentary of 2006 was colored by it.