9/25/24 6:40PM Rays @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

4 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

ANybody interested they are currently playing the Twins game on ESPN 2. Not sure if it's just a little "live look in" for Baseball Tonight or if they are going to be playing the rest of the game.

Live look in. I flipped to ESPN2 just now and it's some gambling scheister.

IMG_0548.thumb.jpeg.133bbdd9027b1f0230f821fdbeab9111.jpeg

GO TIGERS! I love my Tigers letter jacket. I wish I could wear it tomorrow to show off, but it was 94° in Boise Idaho today and tomorrow morning, when I go for a walk, it’ll just be too darn hot. This picture is from mid-April two years ago. Winter extends late in Idaho, and summer does as well. GO TIGERS!! This is great!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

8-3 Minnesota. Magic number will stay at 3 going into tomorrow. Soonest the Tigers would be able to clinch is Friday.

Olsen is due to round back into shape. Hard to say if formal elimination will mean the Rays are more relaxed or won't care - but it's also a getaway day for them. Nothing is a sure thing but things are aligned decently for the sweep.

Edited by gehringer_2

16 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Dear Free Press,   please don't print a headline of  "CLINCH DAY" in Friday's paper.   I remember when you did that for that Thursday game vs. the Twins in 2009 and they lost that game and wound up having a Game 163.   

I remember that day well. It seemed like half my office left at lunchtime to go to the game. I couldn’t make it. Was jealous. Nate got bombed. Tigers lost Friday and Saturday and had to burn Verlander on Sunday just to force 163. 

24 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Dear Free Press,   please don't print a headline of  "CLINCH DAY" in Friday's paper.   I remember when you did that for that Thursday game vs. the Twins in 2009 and they lost that game and wound up having a Game 163.   

Remember, Lynn Henning says that anyone who knows about Twins-Tigers history knows how this is going to end: Twins by a game.