9/26/24 1:10PM Rays @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

So six events - three CWS:Det and three Bal:Min - would need to go against the Tigers for the Tigers to miss the playoffs now. By my calc, even if the outcome of each of those events was a 50/50 chance, I think there'd be only a 1 in 64 chance of the Tigers missing. And a CWS @ Det event is better than a 50/50 coin flip for the Tigers.

Edited by lordstanley

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

So six events - three CWS:Det and three Bal:Min - would need to go against the Tigers for the Tigers to miss the playoffs now. By my calc, even if the outcome of each of those events was 50/50, I think there'd be only a 1 in 64 chance of the Tigers missing. And a CWS @ Det event is better than a 50/50 coin flip for the Tigers.

Then again, if you had calculated the probability of the Tigers winning 85 or more on August 2 I'm going to guess it would have been worse than 1/64.

Never tell me the odds!

image.png.a4c4c5adeedb04fa9062b60e02c6f356.png

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SoCalTiger said:

Just checking the board and wow you folks covering the TWINS game deserve gold stars !! But the Gold medal goes to Derek Hill and McCoskey gets to hang it on his neck and give him a kiss on the cheek. 

Derek Hill is 1.0 WARingamesplayedbyformertigerwithplayoffimplicationsfortigers.

• Like 1