9/26/24 1:10PM Rays @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

All of baseball asks

WHO THE HELL ARE THESE GUYS ? 

I've been asking that for a month and a half. I had this team pegged to be below average to bad this year. I thought they would win 65-70 games, be one of the worst hitting teams in baseball, have a bottom 5-7 team OPS, and look towards next year with the young core. They have patch worked together one hell of a historical run. Kudos to all of these guys, to Hinch, to the staff, to Harris, for making baseball really ****ing fun around here again. This has been amazing!

23 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I've been asking that for a month and a half. I had this team pegged to be below average to bad this year. I thought they would win 65-70 games, be one of the worst hitting teams in baseball, have a bottom 5-7 team OPS, and look towards next year with the young core. They have patch worked together one hell of a historical run. Kudos to all of these guys, to Hinch, to the staff, to Harris, for making baseball really ****ing fun around here again. This has been amazing!

You didn't foresee the triple H of Hanifee, Holton and Hurter being lights out along with the performance of 25 other guys? Nobody saw this coming. Maybe Jake Rogers but nobody else.

2 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I hope these really bad umpires aren’t promoted to the postseason. I don’t know if they do it on the basis of seniority or what, but having postseason games decided by an umpire who calls a ball 1 foot out of the strike zone a strike is just intolerable. 

I think the players vote all season on the job umpires did. That may play a part who works the post season. Or...it might not. 😆

7 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

IMG_7982.jpeg

Ah, dude, you should’of told me to wave for the picture.  I’m the one in the Tiger hat.

On a whim, I took my dad to the game.  We hadn’t been there since 2019.  He doesn’t exactly move around quite as spryly as he used to could do, so we went early to get close parking.  Literally walked in shortly after the gates opened.  Sat in our seats and just took in the sights and sounds and smells of the ball yard.  Never really fretted anything about the game except for Alexander’s performance.  The deficit really didn’t bother me.  Well, actually the scoreboard bothers me because it cuts out to too many shots of fans during the game eliminating the information (lineups and stuff like that).

I don’t know about you, but it seemed to me like there were quite a number of kids at the game.  Some looked like school/youth groups, but a lot of parents with school aged children.  I overheard the family behind us a bit, and the father kept telling his daughter “I can’t believe you wanted to go to school today”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, casimir said:

Ah, dude, you should’of told me to wave for the picture.  I’m the one in the Tiger hat.

On a whim, I took my dad to the game.  We hadn’t been there since 2019.  He doesn’t exactly move around quite as spryly as he used to could do, so we went early to get close parking.  Literally walked in shortly after the gates opened.  Sat in our seats and just took in the sights and sounds and smells of the ball yard.  Never really fretted anything about the game except for Alexander’s performance.  The deficit really didn’t bother me.  Well, actually the scoreboard bothers me because it cuts out to too many shots of fans during the game eliminating the information (lineups and stuff like that).

I don’t know about you, but it seemed to me like there were quite a number of kids at the game.  Some looked like school/youth groups, but a lot of parents with school aged children.  I overheard the family behind us a bit, and the father kept telling his daughter “I can’t believe you wanted to go to school today”.

That is so awesome you got to go with your Pops!

5 hours ago, ben9753 said:

Hinch used 14 position players today. 

I love it.  Everyone has a role on this team.  Anyone not in the lineup is on alert.  Heck, Vierling even played “out of position” at 1B, his first time there this season.  Mize out of the bullpen.  The whole of this team is truly greater than the sum of its parts.