9/26/24 1:10PM Rays @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

14 minutes ago, casimir said:

I love it.  Everyone has a role on this team.  Anyone not in the lineup is on alert.  Heck, Vierling even played “out of position” at 1B, his first time there this season.  Mize out of the bullpen.  The whole of this team is truly greater than the sum of its parts.

Hinch with a clipboard is like watching Monet with a paintbrush. A pure artist

Edited by ben9753
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, romad1 said:

This is a picture for the basement man cave to go with the 2006 ALDS celebration shot of Zumaya and Rogers on the dugout with the champagne and the puck just missing the crease with 0 seconds in the clock in 2008 Stanley Cup finals game 

I love how they love each other as brothers in arms. I really admire these guys right now.

Those good teams from the previous decade, they were fun to watch especially JD and Miggy, but I never really got emotionally invested in them.  It was different from 68 and 84, the cores of those teams were guys who had played in the Tigers' minor league system.

This team feels more like 68 and 84, so many of the key players spent time at Erie and Toledo.  I guess there is one key difference, the 68 and 84 teams had homegrown players who were already big stars, and on this team you would say "not yet but fingers crossed for a few of them".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

A lot of Tiger fans seem to think that the Tigers beating the White Sox is automatic.   I disagree and I'm a little nervous about how some think it's 2 automatic wins this weekend.  It is not.   White Sox are playing desperately to avoid 121 losses.   Granted, the Tigers are better than the Angels. 

Omg were worried about a 120 loss team now?

3 minutes ago, KL2 said:

Omg were worried about a 120 loss team now?

Yes, we are.       2003 Tigers were destined to break the 120 barrier and won 5 out of 6 at the end to avoid it.  

Don't take anything for granted. 

2009:  Clinch Day  (Thursday day game) - all the Tigers had to do to clinch was beat the Twins.   They lost and then lost 2 to the White Sox  (Miggy had to be bailed out of jail by Dave Dombrowski Friday night, then he played with a hangover, if you remember that disaster - and Leyland botched the rotation).,   They had to win the last game just to get to a tiebreaker. 

Anything can happen.