10/1/24 2:32PM Tigers @ Astros Wild Card Game 1

Tigeraholic1

• Tigeraholic1 changed the title to 10/1/24 2:32PM Tigers @ Astros Wild Card Game 1

Two ways to look at this:

Astros have played in 7 straight, at least, ALCS.  They are seasoned vets who know how to win and will take charge.

Astros have played in 7 straight, at least CLS.  They are old and worn out and arrogant and the Tigers will sneak up on them.

Of course, that's talk radio analysis.  Astros won 88 games, Tigers won 86.  It's baseball and anything can happen in a 3 game playoff series.  Any team can beat any other team this week.  There's no grand conclusions to draw. Our team made it.  Enjoy it.  Whatever happens.

• Like 2

This team seems like it will either continue to overachieve through the playoffs, oblivious to this fact, or they will turn into a pumpkin and crash to earth.

I’ll take the former, but regardless of the outcome, this experience should be transformative in accelerating their development.  Building a winning and cohesive culture is an intangible that I think will pay huge dividends next year and beyond.

Edited by Tenacious D
  • Like 3

Toward the latter part of Friday night’s game vs the White Sox, Hinch had his arms around George Lombard’s shoulders and was having, more or less, a one way conversation with him as they both faced the field in the dugout. I would love to know what Hinch was saying then. I’m guessing it would be a conversation about real time strategy but have no idea. 
Has this instance been reported on in the media blitz around that game? 

Just now, 1776 said:

Toward the latter part of Friday night’s game vs the White Sox, Hinch had his arms around George Lombard’s shoulders and was having, more or less, a one way conversation with him as they both faced the field in the dugout. I would love to know what Hinch was saying then. I’m guessing it would be a conversation about real time strategy but have no idea. 
Has this instance been reported on in the media blitz around that game? 

Not a lip reader, but I think it was something like, “do you like movies about gladiators, George?”

4 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Two wins separating the Tigers from an ALDS matchup with the Guardians. Which would be neat as  Cleveland and Detroit have rarely been in contention at the same time. 

Would love to get an actual rivalry with those guys because Cleveland has always been the closest team to us, and yet we have never been rivals because we have never fought for pennants against each other.