10/1/24 2:32PM Tigers @ Astros Wild Card Game 1

Tigeraholic1

9 hours ago, oblong said:

Two ways to look at this:

Astros have played in 7 straight, at least, ALCS.  They are seasoned vets who know how to win and will take charge.

Astros have played in 7 straight, at least CLS.  They are old and worn out and arrogant and the Tigers will sneak up on them.

Of course, that's talk radio analysis.  Astros won 88 games, Tigers won 86.  It's baseball and anything can happen in a 3 game playoff series.  Any team can beat any other team this week.  There's no grand conclusions to draw. Our team made it.  Enjoy it.  Whatever happens.

Well, the rookie team has the veteran manager and the veteran team has the rookie manager.  Gotta factor that in, too.

1 hour ago, ben9753 said:

Because of Rosh Hashanah I won't be able to see game 3. They better finish it in 2 games. Get 'err done!

Before I left for work today, I looked at our calendar hanging in the kitchen and noted Rosh Hashanah this week.  In no way, shape, or form did I expect that to brought up in a baseball thread.  Funny how those ironies present themselves sometimes.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ben9753 said:

Those are just rabbi’s giving their interpretation.  They are purposely trying to close the loophole because it’s bad for business.  

Leviticus 16:30 couldn’t be more clear: 

because on this day atonement will be made for you, to cleanse you. Then, before the Lord, you will be clean from all your sins.

There is no qualifying or caveats on “all your sins”.   

9 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Those are just rabbi’s giving their interpretation.  They are purposely trying to close the loophole because it’s bad for business.  

Leviticus 16:30 couldn’t be more clear: 

because on this day atonement will be made for you, to cleanse you. Then, before the Lord, you will be clean from all your sins.

There is no qualifying or caveats on “all your sins”.   

image.jpeg.bdda50bb6e16856e940b4ada6ed15d20.jpeg

• Haha 1

In a meeting yesterday when we were done with the topic, my boss asked "Anything else to discuss...."  then it led to some personal stuff and I threw out "Well the Tigers play the next two days at 2:30...."  and he got the hint and said "So your availability will be limited?"

I'm so grateful to have a job like this where they just trust us to do our jobs.  It's only about an hour early for me anyway so I can "make it up" at the front end.

• Thanks 1