10/1/24 2:32PM Tigers @ Astros Wild Card Game 1

Tigeraholic1

12 minutes ago, CaliforniaDreaming said:

Ibanez batting 4th so that he can pinch hit McKinstry for him later in the game after Green gets on base and McKinstry provides the game winning hit. Hinch can see it already...

I do think he's looking ahead to your scenario, but I see Colt Keith coming in for Ibanez rather than McKinstry, who might come in for Sweeney.

Also, Carpenter is definitely pinch-hitting for Malloy at some point mid-game.

Edited by chasfh

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

I do think he's looking ahead that your scenario, but I see Colt Keith coming in for Ibanez rather than McKinstry, who might come in for Sweeney.

Also, Carpenter is definitely pinch-hitting for Malloy at some point mid-game.

Not mid-game. Houston has very good LH bullpen arms. Carpenters splits must show he's not good against LH pitchers?

I look at this playoff roster and you know what I see? I see thirteen guys who played competitive baseball at the minor league level this season. That's exactly one-half of our playoff roster that was deemed not ready or not good enough to be on the major league team for significant chunks of the season.

And I'm not even counting the guys who were injured and had to go to the minors to rehab so they could make their way back to the big club, specifically, Casey Mize, Reese Olson, Kerry Carpenter, Riley Greene, and Andy Ibanez. They were playing in the minors not to be competitive, but to work themselves back into shape to return to Detroit.  Although, if we were to count these guys as well, that would mean 18 of our 26 playoff roster guys played in the minor leagues this season.

And this also doesn't include Ryan Kreidler or Liam Hicks, who are actual minor leaguers named to the taxi squad.

When you add up all the activity all these guys put in at the minor league level, it makes up more than a quarter of all the innings pitched and plate appearances the entire Toledo team produced all season.

Has there even been a playoff roster in major league history that had this much same-season minor league activity as ours? Not only I would be shocked if there ever were, I think I would be surprised if any other team came within even three guys of matching this.

image.thumb.jpeg.45a4ec9613eb2e0727eee59515442cbb.jpeg

This is weird.  I'm working from home and have it on both TV's.  In the TV in my office, I use a roku streaming stick and the Xfinity app, no cable box, but I can hear the TV in the main room.  There's different commercials between the ABC on the box and the ABC on the streaming stick, both being Xfinity broadcasts.  Maybe the box is market specific and the stick is generic.

As a lifelong fan of the 2024 Tigers for the past two weeks, I am extremely prepared to base my happiness for the rest of the day on the next two and a half hours, yelling at players I only recently learned existed for not playing to my expectations.

(Actually though, really happy for those here who are die hard followers)