Week Six: Detroit Lions (3-1) @ Dallas Cowboys (3-2)

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Since getting destroyed by Baltimore last year the Lions defense has given up only 18 points a game their last 18 games. For reference only 3 teams last year gave up less, so for a calendar year now the Lions defense has been elite from a points against standpoint. 

Give up a lot of yards and then hold teams to Field Goals.  

The Hutch injury is devastating to state the obvious and you can't replace a guy like that but if any team is a "next man up" type of team it's this one. Holmes will have to a make a significant trade of some sort but I think the Lions will be ok, it's a culture thing and that offense is going to always be the driving force for this team anyway.

In any event, I feel for Hutch the person just hoping he makes a full recovery. The Lions as a team just need to move forward now as to do us fans.

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Get the Raiders and Bengals on the phone.

Hendrickson is the best realistic option but knowing Holmes I'm not sure how realistic it is that he goes that big. Crosby is completely unrealistic.

In any event, lets just hope for the Bengals to keep losing so he can shake loose.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Now that was a beat down and I just made some money because I bet them to win by 2 touchdowns.  I think they covered.  

I saw your prediction and, to be honest, I didn’t agree. I'm glad I was wrong. And listening to Montgomery after the game, this team is going to rally around the Hutchinson injury. Season ending, I'm starting to wrap my head around. But I'm concerned it may be career ending, or at least, possibly never being the same. That explosiveness needs to return. 

7 minutes ago, NYLion said:

The Hutch injury is devastating to state the obvious and you can't replace a guy like that but if any team is a "next man up" type of team it's this one. Holmes will have to a make a significant trade of some sort but I think the Lions will be ok, it's a culture thing and that offense is going to always be the driving force for this team anyway.

In any event, I feel for Hutch the person just hoping he makes a full recovery. The Lions as a team just need to move forward now as to do us fans.

Holmes doesn't really trade away draft picks, except on draft day deals. But that was when he was building the team, now it's built and in desperate need of a quality edge rusher. The problem is, the price went up with the injury to Hutch. Teams aren't gonna wanna help us.