Week Six: Detroit Lions (3-1) @ Dallas Cowboys (3-2)

Cowboy fan before the game:

"I don’t know what’s going to happen tomorrow. I hope the Cowboys win, and I believe they have a shot. I understand Detroit is a good team, and are coached by a guy everyone seems to like a lot.

But enough with all the love, the stroking by the media, and even some fans here. Detroit has beat The Rams, The Seahawks, and the Cardinals. They got beat up by the Bucs. They are a little above average, but not as good as the top teams in the NFL.
In no way is this team as good as everyone is making them out to be. Chill, GO COWBOYS!!!"

3 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

It's a shame the Bengals are playing the G-Men tonight on SNF. They'll probably win this one and incorrectly think they still have a chance at the playoffs. When in reality they should wave the white flag on the season and trade Trey Hendrickson to the Lions. 

The one I want already got blown out. Raiders. Maxx Crosby. Make it happen, Brad.

I would legitimately give two 1sts and a 3rd for him. We can manage the contract, he'll complement Hutch when he returns. Make the call.

22 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Cowboy fan before the game:

"I don’t know what’s going to happen tomorrow. I hope the Cowboys win, and I believe they have a shot. I understand Detroit is a good team, and are coached by a guy everyone seems to like a lot.

But enough with all the love, the stroking by the media, and even some fans here. Detroit has beat The Rams, The Seahawks, and the Cardinals. They got beat up by the Bucs. They are a little above average, but not as good as the top teams in the NFL.
In no way is this team as good as everyone is making them out to be. Chill, GO COWBOYS!!!"

I Googled this quote and found the Cowboys message board it was posted on. Even Cowboys fans were calling this dude out before the game, lol.

37 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Yeah, I'm not doctor, but if he's "just" the tibia that's broken and it's "just" a single break, that seems to be good-ish news in terms of what it could have been.

It looks like both bones. I saw the closeup of the play. His leg swung around and hit another Lion player. It's really gross.

30 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

The one I want already got blown out. Raiders. Maxx Crosby. Make it happen, Brad.

I would legitimately give two 1sts and a 3rd for him. We can manage the contract, he'll complement Hutch when he returns. Make the call.

Do you think the Raiders would go for that? Our firsts we be late 1st rounders.

26 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

OMG....I just saw a slow motion close up of the play that Hutch got hurt on. I'm not going to post it but if anyone wants to see it, it was posted by @ryan48d 

And it was IS gruesome. 

I started to watch and stopped. I tore my acl and meniscus on the same play in 1983. I still cannot watch a leg injury replay

24 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I think they might. They need a QB, and if they're not the worst team in the league that will require assets to move up. Crosby also shoved a coach today, that's a bad look.

Well, the Lions are probably set for the next few years so we can afford the draft capital. I'm not sure if Holmes would give up multiple firsts though.

40 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Do you think the Raiders would go for that? Our firsts we be late 1st rounders.

They are unlikely to get a top 10 pick for him because those teams are not close to sell the farm.

And late firsts are valuable to a team that is rebuilding. Think of how we did with Stafford.

You can stand pat and draft a guy at 30 and get a 5th year of control, you can move up either with your top pick and get to one or two or use 30 and a 2econd wounder to get to 16, you can move back in an early second and pick up more picks for yourself. The pick offers a lot of flexibility which most go's crave

2 minutes ago, KL2 said:

They are unlikely to get a top 10 pick for him because those teams are not close to sell the farm.

And late firsts are valuable to a team that is rebuilding. Think of how we did with Stafford.

You can stand pat and draft a guy at 30 and get a 5th year of control, you can move up either with your top pick and get to one or two or use 30 and a 2econd wounder to get to 16, you can move back in an early second and pick up more picks for yourself. The pick offers a lot of flexibility which most go's crave

I want the Lions to go for it this season. Three 1sts and two 2nds? An overpay, I would say, but sure to get your guy.

58 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

It looks like both bones. I saw the closeup of the play. His leg swung around and hit another Lion player. It's really gross.

Already confirmed it wasn’t both bones.  As far as bad injuries go this was as good as possible.  Also wasn’t really all that gruesome.  Seen so many that were much worse.  That was simply a broken leg.