Week Six: Detroit Lions (3-1) @ Dallas Cowboys (3-2)

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

It looks like both bones. I saw the closeup of the play. His leg swung around and hit another Lion player. It's really gross.

The team reported it was just the tibia. It seems as if Campbell initially said it was a compound fracture and the PR team corrected him, so there is certainly confusion out there. 

I didn’t watch the replays so I don’t know how it looked, though people who saw it feared for the worst. Hopefully we get a good prognosis tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

The team reported it was just the tibia. It seems as if Campbell initially said it was a compound fracture and the PR team corrected him, so there is certainly confusion out there. 

I didn’t watch the replays so I don’t know how it looked, though people who saw it feared for the worst. Hopefully we get a good prognosis tomorrow. 

Hopefully a clean break they can just set  Surgery and fixation more likely if it's a spiral or there are fragments or maybe just to shorten recovery time. Small comfort but 100% recovery prognosis for a long bone fracture probably still better than ligament damage.

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Hopefully a clean break they can just set  Surgery and fixation more likely if it's a spiral or there are fragments or maybe just to shorten recovery time. Small comfort but 100% recovery prognosis for a long bone fracture probably still better than ligament damage.

I'm not a Doctor but from everything I have read for the past couple decades about sports injuries fractures are actually better for you long term than ligaments. Unless there is a rare setback the bone should comeback stronger after it heals. 

23 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

I would be amazed it it wasn't the tibia and the fibula after seeing the way his leg bent. A compound fracture means it broke the skin, right? So very gross...

15 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I would be amazed it it wasn't the tibia and the fibula after seeing the way his leg bent. A compound fracture means it broke the skin, right? So very gross...

You're always happy to have been wearing something snug  when that happens because seeing your limb with a 90deg angle where it shouldn't be is bad enough without actually seeing the bones sticking out. (been there)

It looked to me like Hutch made no attempt to move the leg. That was the smart thing to do. You can only do more damage trying act the hero.

Edited by gehringer_2

I would look at Harold Landry. Coming into today, he had 4 sacks in 4 games. Double digit sacks last year. Tennessee looks bad. He's also under contract beyond this year, but the Lions could get out of the contract next year if they wanted too. he could be the Davenport replacement. Keep in mind that Lions defensive line coach Terrell Williams was the defensive line coach in Tennessee.  

Edited by Motown Bombers
  • Like 2

I wanted them to explore trades for DE's before Hutch's injury.  They are going to do something.  Don't expect it to be anything big until closer to the deadline.  There are options out there but I don't think its going to be a huge trade.  Looks like 3 more games before the deadline and you will know more of who will be sellers.

ESPN's Get Up - all they are talking about is how bad the Cowboys were and NO credit for how good the Lions were.   What is their ****ing obsession with that team?   The Lions always draw more viewers.     **** ESPN.   I almost never watch it anymore.  I might watch 10 minutes a week - MAYBE.      Network gave themselves over to Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless and lost their soul.  

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

ESPN's Get Up - all they are talking about is how bad the Cowboys were and NO credit for how good the Lions were.   What is their ****ing obsession with that team?   The Lions always draw more viewers.     **** ESPN.   I almost never watch it anymore.  I might watch 10 minutes a week - MAYBE.      Network gave themselves over to Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless and lost their soul.  

SAS loves to gloat about Dallas, it’s his identity. It might as well be called theatre. I stopped streaming ESPN about a year ago. I’m not hurting 😁

Is Rex Ryan still around? He’s been a consistent voice that’s gone beyond “the other team sucked” to recognize the Lions.

4 minutes ago, KnoxP said:

SAS loves to gloat about Dallas, it’s his identity. It might as well be called theatre. I stopped streaming ESPN about a year ago. I’m not hurting 😁

Is Rex Ryan still around? He’s been a consistent voice that’s gone beyond “the other team sucked” to recognize the Lions.

He was the only one that even MENTIONED the Lions.    Greenberg is pathetic.   Slobbers all over Jerry Jones