Week Six: Detroit Lions (3-1) @ Dallas Cowboys (3-2)

28 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Their defense has been better than mediocre and was dominant yesterday. It seems unlikely they will put up a performance like yesterday’s without Hutch but they will still key on the run and their secondary will continue to improve. 

i guess so, but they've been playing really beat up offensive lines so far.  

better than last year, and you hope arnold/rakestraw get better as the season goes on.

45 minutes ago, number20 said:

Losing Hutch for the year is tantamount to losing Sewell on offense for the season. Just as devastating. Arguably the league's best at their respective positions, but they're far more than that to the Lions. They're absolute cornerstones and linchpins. What a gut punch

No.  I disagree.   I think it's a rallying point.    This team will use this.   This team is unshakable. 

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Can you imagine any other GM in the NFL saying this? He’s an embarrassment. Cowboys fans must be so down right now.

Should have designed a pass to Ragnow.

He ran out Jimmy Johnson and won a Super Bowl with his players, but since the late 90's when most of Johnson's players  were gone or ineffective, it's really been meh. The past 25 years or so have been his teams. No GM would have lasted 25 years given the Cowboys record. It's not terrible, but after two decades and the Lions have more NFC Championship Game appearances than you do, it's time for a change. 

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

They won with Switzer but the core of that team was Jimmy Johnson's players. By the late 90's, when those players left or were on the downside of their careers, it became Jerry's team, and it's been more or less mediocre for 25 years. 

2023: 12-5 
2022: 12-5 + 1 post season win
2021: 12-5
2020: 6-10
2019: 8-8
2018: 10-6 + 1 post season win
2017: 9-7
2016: 13-3
2015: 4-12
2014: 12-4 + 1 post season win (The infamous "flag picked up game")
2013: 8-8
2012: 8-8
2011: 8-8
2010: 6-10
2009: 11-5 + 1 post season win
2008: 9-7
2007: 13-3 
2006: 9-7
2005: 9-7
2004: 6-10

Other than the last few years the last two decades of the 'Boys look like a slightly more successful version of the 90s Lions: "Almost there, but not quite..."

3 hours ago, sagnam said:

“Rewatching” the game while I work and I realized it was the play that Hutchinson broke his leg because I swear you can hear it snap. I feel ill.

I never watched the replay but watching live I didn't notice or hear anything, I actually thought it was something with his arm or shoulder initially cause of the way the tackle was. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

I never watched the replay but watching live I didn't notice or hear anything, I actually thought it was something with his arm or shoulder initially cause of the way the tackle was. 

Yeah, just like I thought, it was both leg bones. Looking at a closeup of the play, you could kinda tell. Gross.