American League Division Series Game #4 (2-1) 6:08PM 10/10/24

Tigeraholic1

So this setup is similar to ALDS against the Yankees in 2006 - Tigers up 2 games to 1 with a chance to end the series with a Game 4 win. We remember how great that turned out. Everyone remembers for the Kenny Rogers et al. post-game celebrations with the fans, as do I, but I also remember it as the last game I ever attended with my dad. And I think it was his final time at a Tigers game, ever, even though he lived another 6 years. 

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

So this setup is similar to ALDS against the Yankees in 2006 - Tigers up 2 games to 1 with a chance to end the series with a Game 4 win. We remember how great that turned out. Everyone remembers for the Kenny Rogers et al. post-game celebrations with the fans, as do I, but I also remember it as the last game I ever attended with my dad. And I think it was his final time at a Tigers game, ever, even though he lived another 6 years. 

That’s what it is all about ain’t it? I talked my Dad into driving up the three hours to Detroit on a random week night to see our favorite players son Prince Fielder play the Tigers. Just so happened to be JV’s first no hitter. This year he is in the last stages of hospice care and bed ridden. He still has the flicker of light when we talk about the Tigers.

Edited by Tigeraholic1
  • Like 8

It won't be easy..... we face their ace.  He's not Skubal but he's pretty good and did a good job in game 1.

This series ain't over. Today will be tough.  Indians had some opportunities yesterday and didn't deliver.  The Tigers did and got the hits.  

10 minutes ago, Shades of Deivi Cruz said:

Doing all I can. I'm wearing the same clothes, and will get the same food and beer. It's really all up to my dad though, and whether he is sitting in the correct position or not...

I'm not worried about your dad at all.  I know he's ready to go full throttle.

5 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

No audio. There was just a funny sequence on WDIV’s Facebook stories where their story captions read (out of context) that a man was serving a life sentence for the murder of (story shifts) PAWS!!! 

Ah I see, like Oblong I had no audio so I wasn't sure what was going on. I thought maybe the murderer used to play Paws at Tigers game or something.