American League Division Series Game #4 (2-1) 6:08PM 10/10/24

Tigeraholic1

3 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

It would have been great to see them close out the series tonight, but I've got three days off from Friday to Sunday.  After missing half the post-season due to work, I am looking forward to watching Skubal.   

Win or lose, there's nothing like the night before a three-day weekend, is there?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Win or lose, there's nothing like the night before a three-day weekend, is there?

Nope, and this one is actually 4 days for me because Monday is a day off too.  Tonight, I got a pizza, saw the northern lights in person for the first time and watched the Tigers.  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Nope, and this one is actually 4 days for me because Monday is a day off too.  Tonight, I got a pizza, saw the northern lights in person for the first time and watched the Tigers.  

My brother in Pennsylvania saw them too, he texted me to go out and look. I went outside, sneezed, and came in. Nothing, BTW, which way is north? Lol

48 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

This is drop dead, one of the coolest things I’ve seen. This brings me such great joy. Many many years ago I drove my daughter who’s now 33 to Portland to see the White Stripes. It’s over an 8 Hour drive so she was serious about seeing “her first concert.“ I had overheard her playing The White Stripes in her room and I thought they were kind of like Led Zeppelin Lite. I didn’t listen very closely. But when I saw Jack and his sister on stage and they made as much music as six people, I couldn’t believe it. It was operatic, just amazing, an epiphany. Yeah, people who can do stuff like that are Tigers fans!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They got beat because at crucial times they tossed big melons right down the middle of the strike zone. And they should have walked Ramírez, especially with a L/L matchup coming up next. He smoked it. Probably against baseball Hoyle, but he ain't gonna beat me. Old school stuff.

I look forward to Saturday, and watching Skubal. No matter what happens, what a run, what a story. Still reminds me of the 1980 Olympic hockey team. Incredible stuff. Thank you!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Edman85 said:

You may have heard Dickerson talking about this. I've been monitoring...

Yes, that could very well be an issue in game 5.  Its tough to argue with how Hinch/Fetter & Co have handled the pitching down the stretch.  But in a 5 game series with so much reliance on a few key RPs, Cleveland gets a few looks at them and maybe gains enough from that.

On the flip side, Cleveland has logged a lot of RP innings as well.  But I just don't know if I can honestly equate the two bullpens vs opposing lineups to each other over 5 games.

18 minutes ago, casimir said:

Yes, that could very well be an issue in game 5.  Its tough to argue with how Hinch/Fetter & Co have handled the pitching down the stretch.  But in a 5 game series with so much reliance on a few key RPs, Cleveland gets a few looks at them and maybe gains enough from that.

On the flip side, Cleveland has logged a lot of RP innings as well.  But I just don't know if I can honestly equate the two bullpens vs opposing lineups to each other over 5 games.

Yes, This is a good point. It does take away the element of surprise when you see the same relievers over and over.  It's not like the Tigers have dominating relievers.  

9 hours ago, papalawrence said:

Like the announcers said, both bullpen are likely getting a bit taxed. If they lose Carp that's huge. Can't wait for Saturday

If Carpenter can’t go they can bring another guy onto the roster, right? If so, would you consider bringing another pitcher into the mix or would that not be the best idea? With Skubal pitching maybe a position player may be the best bet. 

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

Yes, This is a good point. It does take away the element of surprise when you see the same relievers over and over.  It's not like the Tigers have dominating relievers.  

Flip side point: we're also getting good multiple looks at their relievers, because they're running the same four leverage guys out there game after game. Should work both ways.

18 minutes ago, 1776 said:

If Carpenter can’t go they can bring another guy onto the roster, right? If so, would you consider bringing another pitcher into the mix or would that not be the best idea? With Skubal pitching maybe a position player may be the best bet. 

You could but then I believe Carp wouldn't be available in the ALCS.

I'm more disappointed than I thought I would be with a loss.... But they lost the way they've been winning... by a base hit here or there or a key HR.  

Seriously.... when was the last time you were bummed out they lost?  It wasn't game 1 because we had Skubal in game 2, plus 2 games at home.  The Chicago games on Saturday/Sunday?  No because they already cinched a playoff spot.  I think for me it was the Thursday Colorado game a month ago with Skubal starting where they had a chance to sweep.  That's when playoff talk started on my radar a little bit.  

AJ's moves will work until they won't and then people who hardly watched this team will blame the moves.  Doesn't work like that.  He's maximized their value but at some point it will run out and.... that's ok.  I just want another round. 

I think the full day off today comes at a good time for the team and the staff. Would rather not jump right in tonight looking back at the loss. I’m confident Hinch will bring a new wrinkle to the strategy for tomorrow night. 
The Carpenter status will be big. He’s a big piece to lose.