American League Division Series Game #5 (2-2) 1:08PM 10/12/24

Tigeraholic1

1 hour ago, CaliforniaDreaming said:

I would LOVE it if they would move the start time back to 4:08. Then I could follow the game even though I'm 6 hours ahead.

If you're 6 hours ahead, just don't blow it and tell us what happened.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Somebody on Twitter said if we replace Carpenter on the roster for game 5, he's not eligible for the ALCS if we win. I thought we re-set the roster for every series?

They do but for injuries, to prevent malfeasance, in order to replace a player you need permissioin from the commissioner's office, and that player can't play in the subsequent round.  It's to stop people from monkeying around with poor performance or matchup issues or overworked bullpens.  Nagging injuries are part of the game and if Kerry is truly hurt then in the regular season he'd go on the 15 day, which is what this is the equivalent to.  If it's not that serious then deal with it like a grown up ballclub 🙂

This run after the trade deadline so vastly exceeds anything I ever dreamt possible that for me it’s our version of Hannibal successfully crossing the Alps into Italy. And hey, he didn’t defeat Rome, and we might not make it far enough to defeat our Rome either, but what we’ve witnessed this year is historic. 

GO TIGERS!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

My buddy and I are going to a play tomorrow at 200pm, something we booked in August. I was thrilled when the game was announced for 708pm Central. Now, this, because of course this. 😩

So I will miss the end of the game. Here’s hoping we’re blowing them off the field by the time 200pm rolls around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigermojo said:

Carpenter wouldn't have started against Boyd anyway but sure would be nice if he can pinch hit.

Was thinking the same. We'd only miss out on 1-2 ABs from him.

Now the key is keeping him around for the ALCS. A Bligh Madris sighting is enough to depress a guy.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ICroupier said:

Was thinking the same. We'd only miss out on 1-2 ABs from him.

Now the key is keeping him around for the ALCS. A Bligh Madris sighting is enough to depress a guy.

If he's seriously hurt, replace him. No sense having him on a playoff roster if he can't even hit. It's a huge loss but....next man up!

2 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I see Boyd is officially listed as starter now. 

I’d lead Ibanez off to try to draw some instant pressure.  Plus, once Boyd is out (which might be quick), Ibanez’ mastery of LHP is kind of useless after that.  The Guardians have Herrin in the pen, but I think he’s been shaky enough to not worry about so much.

Follow Ibanez up with Malloy who seems to enjoy playoff offense.  I’d be comfortable with him staying in the game vs RHPs.

Greene?  Sure.  Or Vierling.  But I think Greene because I expect Malloy/Greene/Vierling to play the entire game.  Go LRLR at the top 4 once Boyd leaves and Ibanez is replaced.

Perez at 5? Is he playing the whole game?

Rogers or Torkleson at 6 with the other 8th?  It seems foolish to think Madris might flex in as a PH for one of these two spots given his time off, but it just might happen.  Maybe McKinstry replaces Torkelson (McKinstry to 3B, Vierling to 1B) sometime after a RHP shows up?

Carpenter 7th and Sweeney 9th?  I’d imagine these guys play the whole game, too.