1/4/22 Sharks @ Red Wings

1984Echoes

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

They'll spend money on someone this summer, I haven't really looked at the different options yet.

i think theyre still a year away from spending big money on a free agent.  wait until edvinsson is ready to form a solid d partnership with seider, or lead a solid second pairing.  then go get your center. 

in the meantime see if you can sign larkin to a reasonable extension.  bert?  that's a bigger question.  you have to see if vrana can be in the mix too.  he'll be due for a pay day too.

38 minutes ago, sagnam said:

I hope Veleno gets more chances.  He sees to be all over the ice, maybe things can click with better linemates.

Don't know what Veleno is good at yet. He hasn't established any kind of calling card for his game -  like the quickness of Betruzzi's stick for instance.

Zadina reminds me of Chris Draper in his inability to put the puck in the net, the difference is that Chris still made an impact when he was out there. Maybe once or twice I've watched a game where Zadina actually made his presence felt as a fore checker, there's some potential there, but most of the time he's a non-presence. 

Edited by gehringer_2

i actually think zadina's overall game has improved a lot since he got here.  his mistake against washington notwithstanding, i think he plays better defense now and is more aware of what he needs to do.

but he was the 6th pick in the draft and taken to score goals.  he doesnt score goals.

before i thought he was slava kozlov.  now i think that's giving him too much credit.  he may be due for a change of scenery, especially after they doled out that contract to fabbri.