Thank you Hinch for proving me right.

I posted, back in July, that Detroit would not win any League chanpionship with Hinch as Manager.  He blew game 4 and especially game 5.

Skubal puts two batters on base, Hinch doesn't even have anyone get up in the bullpen.  |But why would he?  Evreyone knows Skubal is going to pitch out of the jam.  After he loads the bases, he hits Rameriz with a pitch and probably everyone, except Hinch, could see what was coming.  I suppose Hinch figured he would get all the glory for leaving Skubal to get out of his jam.  Just like he probably thought using The rookie Jobe in the 4th game would earn him (Hinch) all the glory for putting in a game winning rookie pitcher.  Naturally he probably never considered the effect it would have on Jobe, mentally.  But who cares?  Certainly not Hinch.  He is a moron,  proven beyond a doubt in games 4&5  Harris and Ittitch should be livid with anger and should have fired HInch immediatelly. 

• Thanks 1

I was unhappy with Mr. Hinch in July,   but my gosh............he had TWO starting pitchers down the stretch.  The stretch the Tigers had was one of the greatest managerial jobs I've ever seen and I can think back, critically, to about 1980.     

Guess what?   Not every decision he made worked.   That's baseball.  There is no perfect manager.    

You're holding him to a ridiculous standard. 

He got to the second round of the playoffs with, basically one starting pitcher, a bunch of kids and a couple of journeymen.    The Detroit Tigers do not have a very good roster.    It's okay with some potential but has more holes than your silly post.      

AJ Hinch basically did the equivalent of preparing a gourmet meal with nothing but stuff you can buy at 7-11.      This roster, as it stands, had no real business being in the playoffs and I hope the team recognizes this and has an aggressive offseason, because something like this miracle Hinch and Fetter pulled won't happen again

Cleveland simply had better players and after 5 games it showed.  

There is promise here going forward, but they must show consistency over the long hall to get back to the postseason again.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I was unhappy with Mr. Hinch in July,   but my gosh............he had TWO starting pitchers down the stretch.  The stretch the Tigers had was one of the greatest managerial jobs I've ever seen and I can think back, critically, to about 1980.     

Guess what?   Not every decision he made worked.   That's baseball.  There is no perfect manager.    

You're holding him to a ridiculous standard. 

He got to the second round of the playoffs with, basically one starting pitcher, a bunch of kids and a couple of journeymen.    The Detroit Tigers do not have a very good roster.    It's okay with some potential but has more holes than your silly post.      

AJ Hinch basically did the equivalent of preparing a gourmet meal with nothing but stuff you can buy at 7-11.      This roster, as it stands, had no real business being in the playoffs and I hope the team recognizes this and has an aggressive offseason, because something like this miracle Hinch and Fetter pulled won't happen again

Cleveland simply had better players and after 5 games it showed.  

There is promise here going forward, but they must show consistency over the long hall to get back to the postseason again.  

I am pretty dismissive of the idea that baseball managers matter. But this year Hinch really challenged my suppositions. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2024 at 3:53 PM, Rob Miller said:

I posted, back in July, that Detroit would not win any League chanpionship with Hinch as Manager.  He blew game 4 and especially game 5.

Skubal puts two batters on base, Hinch doesn't even have anyone get up in the bullpen.  |But why would he?  Evreyone knows Skubal is going to pitch out of the jam.  After he loads the bases, he hits Rameriz with a pitch and probably everyone, except Hinch, could see what was coming.  I suppose Hinch figured he would get all the glory for leaving Skubal to get out of his jam.  Just like he probably thought using The rookie Jobe in the 4th game would earn him (Hinch) all the glory for putting in a game winning rookie pitcher.  Naturally he probably never considered the effect it would have on Jobe, mentally.  But who cares?  Certainly not Hinch.  He is a moron,  proven beyond a doubt in games 4&5  Harris and Ittitch should be livid with anger and should have fired HInch immediatelly. 

You’re not fooling anyone with this crap. Does this amuse you? There are people out there with real mental health problems, and this vapid trolling just makes sport of their issues. Go find something constructive to do.

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2024 at 10:29 AM, Tigerbomb13 said:

Could you imagine Hinch getting fired after that improbable run, because of one bad inning by the best pitcher in baseball? I’d be in front of Little Caesar’s HQ with a pitchfork. 

Not even one bad inning, necessarily—more like two bad back-to-back pitches.

I don't know whether anyone has studied this, but I believe that the best first pitch for a hitter to swing at is the one after the pitcher just plunked a guy, because I wonder whether pitchers want to just throw the next pitch in the strike zone to prove they can still do it. I actually worried about that before the first pitch to Lane Thomas.

Lane Thomas—doesn't sound like a furniture brand? Maybe even a furniture store?

On 10/16/2024 at 8:50 AM, 1776 said:

Of all the criticism you hear of his rough inning, you never hear the following inning mentioned. Odd how that works.

And given the 5-pitch inning and the fact the Tigers had closed to within 5-3, I wonder why Skubal only went 6 innings at 84 pitches. I was counting on him shutting the door in the 7th and possibly 8th as I felt the Tigers had a decent chance of scoring a couple of runs. 

Edited by lordstanley

On 10/16/2024 at 11:38 AM, oblong said:

and he had like a 5 pitch inning after.

On 10/16/2024 at 11:50 AM, 1776 said:

Of all the criticism you hear of his rough inning, you never hear the following inning mentioned. Odd how that works.

Gaddis pitched a stressful top of the inning, Skubal threw 5 pitches in the bottom of that inning, and then Gaddis went back out to pitch.  I thought that was going to be the in for the Tigers.  Gaddis didn't have much time at all to recover in between innings.