Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

1 hour ago, Tenacious D said:

Peyton Graham and Luke Gold are starting to put together good numbers in Low A.  Poor Cristian Santana has been struggling to keep his batting average above .100.

I noticed that about Santana too.  He's repeating Lakeland, and YTD has lost 200 points of OPS.

PLEASE:

Call up Keith, Bigbie and Meyers to Toledo. Stick Malloy in LF/DH and leave him there, Keith at 3rd, Meyers at 1B, and Bigbie wherever he fits (LF/ RF/ DH?... Parker in CF...).

And if Tork!!! can't figure out how to hit MLB pitching then send him freaking down to AAA and there are 4 different options to call someone up. Who with the Tigers can also play 1B? (Don't want to be locked into a Meyers-only option...).

I'm getting fed up with his non-performance at the plate. I think I've had enough. Send him to AAA, as soon as possible... if he can't figure this out.

IMO.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

PLEASE:

Call up Keith, Bigbie and Meyers to Toledo. Stick Malloy in LF/DH and leave him there, Keith at 3rd, Meyers at 1B, and Bigbie wherever he fits (LF/ RF/ DH?... Parker in CF...).

And if Tork!!! can't figure out how to hit MLB pitching then send him freaking down to AAA and there are 4 different options to call someone up. Who with the Tigers can also play 1B? (Don't want to be locked into a Meyers-only option...).

I'm getting fed up with his non-performance at the plate. I think I've had enough. Send him to AAA, as soon as possible... if he can't figure this out.

IMO.

Uh Bigbie and Meyers just got to AA, let's give them a month to see if they are still crushing it. Keith will probably get pushed to AAA in the next week or so with Jung pushed up behind him to AA. You may be fed up with TORK but he is also younger than both those guys so 🤷. Meyers and Bigbie should be doing well at AA at their age but I would honestly be surprised if either of them see any real time in the bigs. I would be happy to be wrong but when I saw them in May neither of them felt like ML players when I watched them. 

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Parker on base twice again today, 2B, BB. 15 game hitting streak. But 0 for 2 against Dallas Kuechel, who started for St.Paul.

If he keeps this up, hopefully we’ll get to see him in July or August. However, if Greene and Baddoo can come back relatively soon, there won’t be a lot of AB’s to go around in the outfield.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Uh Bigbie and Meyers just got to AA, let's give them a month to see if they are still crushing it. Keith will probably get pushed to AAA in the next week or so with Jung pushed up behind him to AA. You may be fed up with TORK but he is also younger than both those guys so 🤷. Meyers and Bigbie should be doing well at AA at their age but I would honestly be surprised if either of them see any real time in the bigs. I would be happy to be wrong but when I saw them in May neither of them felt like ML players when I watched them. 

They're killing AA.

Challenge them.

Kerry Carpenter.

(Or not...)

1 hour ago, Tenacious D said:

If he keeps this up, hopefully we’ll get to see him in July or August. However, if Greene and Baddoo can come back relatively soon, there won’t be a lot of AB’s to go around in the outfield.

There’s probably no need to rush MeadowsP if the outfield is healthy.  Greene will be playing everyday.  Hopefully they try Carpenter everyday.  Baddoo/Vierling in the other spot.  They could split DH with Carpenter vs RHPs and Cabrera vs LHPs, that might open up playing time for MeadowsP vs RHPs in Detroit’s OF.   Tough to see a trade involving any of those guys, but you never know.

30 minutes ago, KL2 said:

Remember Challenge Tork? How is that working out? 

Send him back to AAA to refine some... I don't see challenging someone at a higher level as a problem. Not for Tork, or Greene, or Carpenter, or Meyer, or Bigbie, or Keith. If they struggle at a higher level (Tork) then send them back down to work on things. If they figure it out, let them run (Greene, Carpenter)...

What's the problem?

Lots of rain affected games as Lakeland was the only one able to play all 9 innings.

Toledo W 7-3 (6 innings)
Meadows 1/3 2RBI BB 2B
Solak 1/4 RBI
Malloy 1/3 BB K
Lipcius 1/3 2RBI
Brieske 1IP K H
Calvo 1IP 3H 2ER
Wingenter 1IP BB 

Erie Rainout

WM W 2-1 (5 Innings)

Campos 0/3 2K
Jung0/2 BB K