Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

I wonder if he is going to play 3b majority of the time or if him and Maton will rotate evenly between DH and 3b?

JHM will probably spend a decent amount of time at DH with Maton and Keith swapping between 2nd and 3rd with Lipcius tackling 1st and when one of those needs an off day filling in for them.

But as for Toledo lineups, Joe Rizzo has been playing a lot of 2B and 3B, so I could see him getting reduced PT or 1B time. Lipcius and JHM a bit more in the outfield (JHM has been playing out there most days anyways lately). Maybe get Maton some shortstop time. It always works out.

Just now, Edman85 said:

But as for Toledo lineups, Joe Rizzo has been playing a lot of 2B and 3B, so I could see him getting reduced PT or 1B time. Lipcius and JHM a bit more in the outfield (JHM has been playing out there most days anyways lately). Maybe get Maton some shortstop time. It always works out.

Exactly, the people who need to play will play. 

11 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

JHM will probably spend a decent amount of time at DH with Maton and Keith swapping between 2nd and 3rd with Lipcius tackling 1st and when one of those needs an off day filling in for them.

I think Malloy will be in the outfield most days.  They need to have him learn a position before resorting to a DH role.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

I'd be surprised if they are going to give up on Malloy at 3rd already but stranger things have happened, and I don't personally see the point of playing Maton there so I'd have Malloy and Keith share 3B, Maton and Keith share 2B and agree that Lipcius gets leftovers. 

7 hours ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Hasn’t Malloy been playing LF rather than 3B lately?  Maton and Keith might flip flop a bit, but Malloy won’t necessarily be a part of that.

I wonder if Maton is better off in the middle IF.  My worthless scouting report is that  it seems like his issues at 3B seem highly affected by reaction time.  I don’t know if playing back a bit further would help his defense.  I don’t know if he’d have the range for it.  Heck, they’re putting Ibanez in the OF and we’re likely to see Nevin out there at some point.  Might as well try that with Maton, too?

2 hours ago, casimir said:

Hasn’t Malloy been playing LF rather than 3B lately?  Maton and Keith might flip flop a bit, but Malloy won’t necessarily be a part of that.

I wonder if Maton is better off in the middle IF.  My worthless scouting report is that  it seems like his issues at 3B seem highly affected by reaction time.  I don’t know if playing back a bit further would help his defense.  I don’t know if he’d have the range for it.  Heck, they’re putting Ibanez in the OF and we’re likely to see Nevin out there at some point.  Might as well try that with Maton, too?

He basically said he preferred playing at 2B.