Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

32 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Eddys Leonard 2-3 with a HR and a walk tonight. Now sporting a tidy .964 OPS in Toledo since we acquired him.

I am interested in how his glove ends up rating. The game we say him play he only had a couple of chances, looked good on one, didn't make the out on the other.

Toledo L 10-7
Perez 2/5 2B HR RBI K
Malloy 1/3 2BB K SB
Keith 2/5 2B
Lipcius 2/5 K
Leonard 2/4 3RBI BB HR
Kriedler 1/4 K
Montero 5IP 9H 5ER 4K 

Erie L 8-6
Bigbie 2/5 3RBI 2HR
Jung 2/4 BB 2K
Bergner 2IP 4K 2BB 2H

WM L 8-7
Gold 4/5 2B RBI K SF
Workman 0/4 2BB K
Allen 2/5 RBI BB HR 2B
Pacheco 3/5

Lakeland L 5-2
Stephenson 2/5 RBI K HR SB
Santana 0/2 2BB
Jarvis 0/3
Anderson 1/4 RBI 2K

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Eddys Leonard looks like a real find....

nice problem to have, but it will be interesting to see how they get ML looks through 2024 at all of Keith, W Perez, Leonard, Kriedler (if he can stay healthy), and Lipcius (if he is still in their plans), along with Jung. Those 6 combined with Maton, McKinstry, Vierling, Short and Ibanez give Harris lots of options, but maybe only one (Keith) or two (Keith and Jung?) are ML starter caliber, the rest are bench bats, platoon bats, utility guys, and AAAA guys.

Nevin, even though he is raking, I assume will lose his 40 man spot; as will Isan Diaz. 

2 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

nice problem to have, but it will be interesting to see how they get ML looks through 2024 at all of Keith, W Perez, Leonard, Kriedler (if he can stay healthy), and Lipcius (if he is still in their plans), along with Jung. Those 6 combined with Maton, McKinstry, Vierling, Short and Ibanez give Harris lots of options, but maybe only one (Keith) or two (Keith and Jung?) are ML starter caliber, the rest are bench bats, platoon bats, utility guys, and AAAA guys.

Nevin, even though he is raking, I assume will lose his 40 man spot; as will Isan Diaz. 

I'm still voting for Wenceel to surprise steal the starting 2B spot...

2 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

that would be great, but how likely is it that Keith and Wenceel are both starting infielders, with Meadows in CF, and Malloy at LF/DH?

I think we can reasonably expect one of them to become a solid MLB regular next year.  If two of them achieve that status, it would be a big success.  Any more than that is very improbable.  

Just now, 1984Echoes said:

I have no interest whatsoever in statistical probability.

The only thing I care about is on-the-field production.

It's the only thing that matters.

Probabilities do not.

Other than a few games of Meadows, none of them have on field production in the majors..  So, it's either statistical probabilities or hopes and dreams at this point.  I certainly hope all four of them become good MLB starters, but I don't think that is likely.  

Malloy is going to get some run at DH/ part-time OF'er, Keith is going to get some run at 3B, and Parker in CF. Wenceel will get some run as (A) utility? (B) platoon at 2B + utility? (C) starter at 2B?

Unknown on Wenceel... but I think the other 3 guys will at least get lots of chances to take on significant playing time for the Tigers over the next 3+ years.

Which... doesn't guarantee anything...

But I think they'll get their chances.

We'll see what happens/ what they do with their chances.

At the very least will make for an interesting/ challenging next few years...

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Other than a few games of Meadows, none of them have on field production in the majors..  So, it's either statistical probabilities or hopes and dreams at this point.  I certainly hope all four of them become good MLB starters, but I don't think that is likely.  

I heard one guy mention that some of our depth may be used in trades. We'll see what Harris pulls off.