Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

Just in case LLM is MIA... I could throw a Sunday afternoon special out there... (I think he missed Saturday's too...?):

Toledo: Postponed due to rain.

Erie Wins 12-5 Over Altoona (another team of ours with an offensive explosion and no interesting story on pitching):

Workman 2-4, single-double-1 BB, .753 OPS

Lee 2-4, singles - 1 BB, .756 OPS

Trei Cruz 2-4, singles - 1 BB, .752 OPS

WM Loses to Lake County 7-6  

Gold 1-3, single-1 BB, .273 BA, .886 OPS

Campos 1-3, double-SF, .278 BA, .809 OPS

Anderson 0-4, .693 OPS

Joe Miller - 4 Inn's, 3 H's 1 BB 1 ER 4 K's, 2.08 ERA, 1.15 WHIP

Lakeland Wins 4-0 over Palm Beach

McGonigle 1-2, single-2 BB's, .329 BA, .881 OPS

Rayner Castillo - 5 inn's, 3 H's 1 BB 0 ER 2 K's, 0.00 ERA 1st & only game in Lakeland so far. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 1776 said:

Awesome!

I bought tickets for this Tuesday when Erie is in Richmond. Attending that with my son. Had hoped to see Jobe in that series but doesn’t look like he’ll be back this week.
Not Tigers related but my wife and I got tickets for the June 18th game at Rickwood Field in Birmingham. The opponent is  Montgomery. I have wanted to attend a game at Rickwood for years. The following night the Barons and Biscuits play at Riverwalk Stadium in Montgomery. We’ll see that game as well. Looking forward to that excursion. Can’t beat MiLB road trips.

The one time I tried to visit Rickwood, it was locked up because the city owns it and it was veteran’s day.

On 5/23/2024 at 9:01 PM, Dan Gilmore said:

Ah, Lynn, he hit for a 754OPS last year with a 304 BABIP. This year he has a 625 BABIP in 14 plate appearances. Tough luck with the injury, but let’s not get too excited. Save that for Franyerber! 😎

Lynn must have heard you 😅

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2024/05/26/around-detroit-tigers-farm-franyerber-montilla-starts-strong-in-fcl/73859709007/

That’s the Florida Complex League, and it’s where Franyerber (Frankie) Montilla, who a month ago turned 19, is becoming one of the Tigers’ hottest and most fascinating farmhands.

Montilla is a shortstop, primarily, and a switch-batter who after a dozen FCL games Sunday was batting .317/.517/.463/.981, with six doubles.

As impressive were his 15 walks against eight strikeouts. Also — 11 stolen bases.

Also in that article 

▶ Still no return date revealed for right-handed prize Jackson Jobe, who has missed the past four weeks with a strained hamstring. He is rehabbing at Lakeland and could return to Double-A Erie’s rotation later in June, at the earliest.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

If this kid makes the Show, no way I’m calling him Frankie.  He’ll always be Franyerber to me.

Honestly, I am really just hoping he makes it so I can yell it at games. Also he is 2/2 with a HR and a SB today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Franke and the Knockouts...vastly underrated 80's band.

Roberto Campos may be getting the hang of this whole baseball thing...seems like he's been around forever, but he's a 20 year old in A+ with an .800+ OPS

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Shinzaki said:

Franke and the Knockouts...vastly underrated 80's band.

Roberto Campos may be getting the hang of this whole baseball thing...seems like he's been around forever, but he's a 20 year old in A+ with an .800+ OPS

For May he has a .307 average with .950+OPS but he is K'ing 35% of the time for that time frame which needs to be reeled in.   

Edited by LongLiveMaroth

18 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Max says F U, Pat Caputo.  It is nice to see him doing well in his first full season. I think more power will come as he matures, but he profiles to be a top of the order guy that we’ve been lacking since Kinsler.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RatkoVarda said:

Dingler is having a monster May. Going to be 26 later this season so need to get a look at him in Detroit at some point

Interesting, I had sort of given up on him over a year ago, but yes if he is ever going to contribute, now would be a good time.

Toledo W 10-0
Meadows 2/5 RBI K HR 
Malloy 1/3 2BB SB
Dingler 3/4 4RBI BB 2B HR
Bigbie 2/4 K 2B
Lange 1IP 3K 
Miller 1IP H BB K

Erie L 5-0
Lee 1/4 K
Workman 1/3 K
Hill 1.2IP 3H ER 2BB 4K

WM W 4-0
Anderson 1/4 2RBI
Campos 0/1
Gold 0/4 K
Graham 0/1 2BB K SB
Marcano 1.2IP H 2BB 2K

Lakeland W 3-2
McGonigle 1/3 RBI BB K HR SB
Clark 0/4 2K
Leonard 0/2 2K
Campbell 0/1 BB K SB
Kreidler 0/2 K
Gil 0/2 K

FCL L 6-5
Perez 1/5 3K
Jimenez 0/3 2BB K SB
Salas 0/3 K
Bastidas 0/4 2K
Rogers 4IP 5H 2ER BB 2K
Diaz 2.2IP 1H 3ER 2BB 3K

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IMO: It's time to move McGonigle and Clark up to West Michigan. 

Briceno is on short-term DL... but he could probably make the move up as well, IMO.

Lastly: I think one other guy could make the move up: Undrafted Free Agent pitcher Zack Lee. He's 23, signed out of college (after the 20th round...) last year, and has a 1.93 ERA and 0.92 WHIP in Lakeland... I don't know what his stuff is... but bump him up.

Toledo L 11-2
Meadows 0/4
Jung 1/4
Malloy 1/3 RBI K HR
Bigbie 2/4 RBI K
Madden 3.2IP 5H 6ER 4BB 3K

Erie W 8-3
Lee 2/4 3RBI BB HR
Workman 1/4 RBI K
Melton 1IP ER 2H 2BB 3K (31P so pulled after one inning)

WM W 2-0
Anderson 1/4 K
Gold 1/2 BB 2B
Graham 0/3 2K
Pacheco 0/3 2K
Hamm 3IP 1BB 4K

Lakeland W 9-8
McGonigle 3/4 RBI 2BB K 2B
Clark 2/5 2RBI BB K
Leonard 1/2 RBI 2B SB
Gil 1/2 2RBI 3B
Kreidler 0/4 2K