WM L 5-2
Anderson 1/4 RBI K 3B
Campos 0/4 K
Gold 1/3 BB
Smith 4IP 4H 2ER BB 4K

Lakeland PPD
FCL PPD

Franyerber shows up on Baseball America 

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/analyzing-10-standout-complex-league-prospects-so-far-in-2024/

Franyerber Montilla, SS, Tigers (175 wRC+)

One of the early favorites of RoboScout, Montilla has been a standout for the Tigers’ FCL squad. In 22 games, Montilla is hitting .346/.481/.556 with just as many walks as strikeouts and underlying data very much backs his performance. Montilla shows strong plate skills with a 13.4% in-zone whiff rate and a low chase rate of 16.7%. On the face of it, those numbers showcase excellent bat-to-ball and pitch recognition skills. Like with Sanchez, Montilla’s 90th percentile EV (102.7 mph) is above-average for his age, and he shows the ability to consistently elevate the ball with a 58% fly+line drive rate. Montilla shows a well-rounded profile at the plate and is one of the more exciting players in complex play.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Toledo L 7-5
Meadows 1/3 3BB 2K
Tork 2/5 RBI 2K
Jung 1/4 2BB K
Dingler 1/5 BB K SB
Bigbie 2/4 BB
Leonard 2/4 K
Madden 5IP 4H BB 4K

Erie W 5-2
Lee 0/4 RBI K
Cruz 2/4 3RBI K HR
Workman 0/4 2K
Hill 1IP 2K

WM W 4-1
Anderson 0/4 2K
Campos 1/4
Gold 1/1 RBI 2BB
Graham 0/3 BB K

Lakeland Both Games PPD DH 6/13 and 6/15

I'll give another reason to kick upstairs to West Michigan Clark, Briceno & McGonigle:

Nearly the entire week of games is postponed due to afternoon showers. How many Lakeland games get postponed due to weather? Especially around the summer "monsoon" months?

I am... annoyed.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2024 at 1:00 PM, Shinzaki said:

Thanks for posting.

I think Tork needs to do more than just "get a little better". Reading between the lines some, I get the feeling that he believes whatever approach he brought with him to the majors is the approach he's going to stick with. And maybe that's what he needs to do. Maybe he's a guy the coaches need to leave alone instead of working with him to tweak whatever. Who knows. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by chasfh

Not a pretty night for our minor-league affiliates 

Toledo PPD

Erie L 2-0

Lee 2/3 HBP (Left Game) 
Workman 0/4 K

WM L 6-1
Jarvis 0/2 2BB
Anderson 1/4
Campos 1/4 2K
Gold 1/4 RBI 2K
Graham 1/3 BB K

Lakeland DH PPD

FCL L 8-2
Montilla 1/4 2K
Fana 0/2 2BB
Santana 1/3 2RBI 2K HR
Sequera 0/2 BB K
Hernandez 1/4 K
Jimenez 0/3 K
Salas 0/4 2K
Rogers 5IP 3ER 3BB 3K 4H
Valentine 1IP H 4ER 3BB

4 hours ago, chasfh said:

Thanks for posting.

I think Tork needs to do more than just "get a little better". Reading between the lines some, I get the feeling that he believes whatever approach he brought with him to the majors is the approach he's going to stick with. And maybe that's what he needs to do. Maybe he's a guy the coaches need to leave alone instead of working with him to tweak whatever. Who knows. 🤷🏻‍♀️

agreed I think he needs to do a rebuilt on his swing not just little tweaks

10 hours ago, chasfh said:

Thanks for posting.

I don't know what he thinks constitutes having confidence in a 'swing' or 'approach', those words can mean different things, but objectively, for Tork to hit in the majors he has to hit more strikes and take fewer strikes. He will never be a good hitter in the majors constantly down in the count. It's both as simple to say and maybe as complex to do as just that.

Yes, you absolutely have to be willing to give a pitcher his due when he makes a perfect pitch, but the distance between too many pitches Tork takes and perfect is way too big and needs to close.